car bogging and tach jumping?

That1GuyMe

Ahh man, just found out we can't swap dizzys, wont work, they both have to be the same obd (which we are) and they have to both either be vtec or nonvtec...which we're not..

Sooooo..anyone around oceanside have an obd1 gsr I can swap dizzys on to test it?
We don't hve the same but most of the internals are the same so worst comes to worst we might be able to swap internals. But I got a buddy ill hit up with a brand new distributor on his gar that you could possibly use.

That1GuyMe

So an update, was about to tell you guys how we didnt fix it and it was worse then before, but got a text saying that on his drive home it acted normal even though everytime we test drove it it was worse or no better than before.

But a couple things to add about the car, it is actually OBD2, and is running a Nology(?SP?) aftermarket ignition with a gutted distributor.

djh1991

Sp?
But yeah, I love it now..even better than before. I didn't like how high it idled before..was at 2000, now its at 1000..absolutely no jump on the tach and I stomped it a couple times on the drive back just to check..everything went smooth...no bog whatsoever. Thanks alot nick, tell your buddy (andy?) I said thanks and to hit me up if he ever needs anything..oh and ill try to grab a couple steel braided lines for him maybe tomorrow while no1s at work

That1GuyMe

Sp?
But yeah, I love it now..even better than before. I didn't like how high it idled before..was at 2000, now its at 1000..absolutely no jump on the tach and I stomped it a couple times on the drive back just to check..everything went smooth...no bog whatsoever. Thanks alot nick, tell your buddy (andy?) I said thanks and to hit me up if he ever needs anything..oh and ill try to grab a couple steel braided lines for him maybe tomorrow while no1s at work
Ya man, not a problem at all, dont expect it to stay like that since it seems completely random, but if it does happen again we will have to try and chase it down in daylight. I do guess I need to start researching aftermarket ignition because I dont know anything about it. I will definitely let him know. Next project should be getting your bumper all proper.

djh1991

If I ziptie it its all good..but once it catches on somethin like that driveway last night it'll break em.