Car died while driving

blackteggy_92

Need help, my car died while driving. It cranks but won't start, I replaced the fuel pump but nothing. Any info will help thanks

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
does it start now?
If it dies when its hot its probablly the dizzy.
Click the key to the 2nd click where the fuel pump primes does the CEL go away? if not try a new main relay

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
check the acg fuse located in the inside fuse box. try a 15amp fuse (which its rated for) changing that did the trick for me when this happened

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
hurt, you may not have one, the altenator solenoid one might be the same thing. Idk what the ACG controls but it wouldnt let my car start

blackteggy_92

Nah I don't, I don't ink it's even to my car cuz they wrote on it 92-95 d16vtec and I checked the fuses there fine none are blown.

blackteggy_92

So I figured out y my car wasn't starting, it was a fuse in the engine bay fuse box. I feel like an idiot, thanks samurai_blue and the other members for yalls feedback. But now it's done it twice to me while driving and I don't know wht it could be, maybe the ecu, any info would be appreciated.

firejackal

If I was you I'd be trying to find what is blowing a fuse. Check grounds, check for bare wires. Make sure any wires that are not connected don't have any bare metal at the end that could touch ground. Since you know what fuse is blowing you can trace those wires.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2