Car fogs up really quick

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
Whenever I drive, the windows fog up REALLY quick, like within five minutes of driving. I have my defroster and climate control on, but it still fogs.

It's really becoming a problem, any ideas?

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
Climate control on..do you also mean AC on? Does it fog up with the window slightly open? And yes..check for any leaks. I had this bad condensation problem with coolant leakage inside my car. Hopefully, you don't have leaking heater core. It'll be a b**** to replace.

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
Moisture in the car. Is your hatch leaking or carpet wet?
Climate control on..do you also mean AC on? Does it fog up with the window slightly open? And yes..check for any leaks. I had this bad condensation problem with coolant leakage inside my car. Hopefully, you don't have leaking heater core. It'll be a b**** to replace.
same thing i was thinking.

Check your tail light seals.
Nothing is leaking as far as I can tell, how can I check? And no the arpet is dry

No I mean the button next to the hazards, I hope not either, how can I check? At least I can get those for cheap.

Ok, I had the tail light problem in the old Integra, it's a pita so i hope not

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Open the hatch. Look in spare tire well. Is it wet? Are you using the ac to defog? Like cold air?

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
Open the hatch. Look in spare tire well. Is it wet? Are you using the ac to defog? Like cold air?
How do you check? Pour water over suspected area.... voila.
Ok, will do. It's raining so tomorrow. And no im using heat its too cold for ac

Well thanks dude. But that's the thing, I don't know the suspected area.

I'll check the tail light gaskets and everything tomorrow, is it normally an issue with the hatch?

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Yes the gaskets always fail. Also heat is your issue. Moist in interior of car and it's cold outside. You're mixing heat and cold. Therefor it figs your windows. Much like natural fog outside. Fix the moisture issues and you'll be fine. For now. Get a hoodie ad use cool air

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
Yes the gaskets always fail. Also heat is your issue. Moist in interior of car and it's cold outside. You're mixing heat and cold. Therefor it figs your windows. Much like natural fog outside. Fix the moisture issues and you'll be fine. For now. Get a hoodie ad use cool air
Hmm ok, I always get the ice over in the morning, and it's just my car, like you can't see through the windows. And i live in texas. It's not cold. Just cold for me. Lol

I'll try driving without the heat running the rest of the week and see how it goes

Galactica

You can actually run the AC and still blow hot air without a problem. The thing with AC is that it is very dry air and will pull the moisture out of the car. Try that too. I have to do it here in rain-soaked Oregon sometimes and it will still blow hot air with the AC button on.

Kyle

Also keep you windows clean. My old hatch did this all the time and keeping the windows clean helped prevent it. It was especially bad because I didn't have AC.

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
Ok, so I drove to work today after letting it defrost a little in my driveway, and the a/c trick is working for now, when I get home tonight I'll check the taillight gaskets and weather stripping. They have been fine until now, I haven't messed with anything outside of maintenance and replacing the spring/shocks. I'm hoping it's the tail light gaskets because those are cheap