car for around 20g's

HuDatt

well, i'm trading in my 98 ls and i duno what car to get now. ima get a brand new car just so i can start mods from square 1. so far i i'm either picking celica gt-s or rsx type s. any other suggestions?

wannabejdm

My friend has a gt-s, Slow as hell he hates it. I would say get a RSX Type S and a new CIVIC SI, or wut bout a srt-4?

slikk

Money Getter
wannabejdm said:
My friend has a gt-s, Slow as hell he hates it. I would say get a RSX Type S and a new CIVIC SI, or wut bout a srt-4?
srt-4??!! **smack** ... no neons allowed in here

hudatt get the rsx -S

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Choosing between those two? RSX all the way!

I don't know about where all you guys' live, but around here the new Celica has become the import of choice for the white trash. You know, the ones making the leap out of their 1990's Cavaliers, Elantra's, Jetta's and Sephia's.
And don't sleep on the SRT-4, they're damn fast, and they handle, too. Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of any domestic brand, particular model or anything domestic. I'm all about Japanese cars, just saying the SRT-4 deserves respect. It has a hideous interior, but it's quick, it handles, and SCC rated it one of the top 10 cars of 2003, along with the RX8, 350Z, RSX Type S, WRX, ect... A 238 HP/249 TQ Neon is nothing to sniff at. I'd never buy one, simply because it's a Neon, just droppin' the knowledge for everyone....

Get the Type S, homie! 8) Or a WRX.

Last edited:

01cleatus

Get the Type S or like some one said earlier is get a used S2000. They would both be very sweet. Either way you"re going to be riding like a pimp.

wannabejdm

Well if i had a choise between a s2000 or rsx. I would def go after the S2000. I was looking to get one there crazy. But like you said you want a new car to start off clean with. So def get the rsx. What color you lookin to get?I saw that orange color by my house day it doesnt look half bad.

DownShift96GSR

Yeah, the Celica's put forth an effort to be accepted in the import scene and failed miserably. If you're gonna get the WRX, I say ditch that idea and get an EVO8. Those cars are off the hook. But either way, good luck in your search, and search well. I almost settled with a 95 GSR that hasn't had the greatest life but i then found a 2001 GSR that i'm about to pick up.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
Get a Mini Type S Works Edition. 200whp Supercharged. faster and more nimble than a RSX Type S. allthough a RSX S is a good choice, im seeing them around everywhere. anytime i see a Mini, i stare

hueman

SRT-4 if you want a good engine for modding, and already quick off the showroom floor. but between the celica and rsx? rsx, no doubt. the celica is being discontinued soon i think? uncomfortable as hell, looks more girly than the rsx.
________
Website Host

Last edited:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
That's right hueman, the last year of production is set for 2005. And they're not going to redesign it either, the line will be gone, no more Celica.
2005 will be the last year for the MR2, also. According to the November 2004 issue of SCC, only 5,441 Celica's were sold the first 6 months of 2004, and only 1,702 MR2's. Supposedly, Toyota's going to make doper versions of the Matrix, Solara, Corolla and Scion's to compensate.