car hops!!! :(

krazycrakker

ok so i have a 91 integra and the dam thing be hoppin LOL the entire front end starts hopping when i go over like 25 mph the front end starts hopping like a jack rabbit and its all over the place. also when i hit a bump it bounces for another 100ft. i just dont understand i just put 2 referbished cv axles on the front about 6 months ago i think they might have gone bad cause when i turn either way doesnt matter there is a nocking. but could it be anything else besides the cv ??? also i bought them from autozone should there be a better place to get? im about to have a kid and i cant have it in the car with it hopping LOL shaken baby syndrome anyone LMAO

thank you all for the help

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
shocks or motor mounts... when i busted my motor mount the entir front end would hop under acceleration. until it finally tore the rubber completely

601405dc2

601405dc2
I put money on the motor mounts. Since you say that you have good axles... I had an accord a while ago and the axle went bad and it would shake really bad at 20 mph. But in your case, you gotta have mount issues

krazycrakker

thnx

ok well ill check the mounts first since that will be the easiest to check. assuming its that. however lets go with shocks cause i know the car also is about 2.5 inch higher in the front then in the back (never figured that one out LOL) what should i replace with. and i mean on a budget LOL

also now that i think about it about 3 months ago my car got broken into and they stole my stereo system. but in order to do it they cut the middle of my under dashboard wiring harness LOL i had to cut and splice with speaker and 14g wire to make it all work LOL any idea how much a new harness would cost?

Last edited:

sleeper_92

im going to go with shocks to also check tie rods and control arms the ball joints in my tie rods went bad and when i hit a bump i got sling shotted (not sure if thats a word) wherever which way the car felt like going

krazycrakker

ya as far as i know entire car is stock i know ive not bought any after market and the guy that helped on the build didnt eithe far as i know

GsrEj8

I say shocks if its hopping and your driving regular. If its hopping off of an aggressive launch then I'll say your motor mounts