Car is running rich help

joserivera

what could cause my car to run rich. I already checked spark plugs and they were black i changed them out and the car is still running rich what else should i do next. I have researched already just want to know what you guys think

Ganyon

Mileage, mods, cel? Need a little help. Maybe you have a bad o2 sensor.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
It could be any of the other things you came across in your research. O2 would have been one of my suggestions but you are still at the same crossroad arent you. You need to begin troubleshooting by doing and going down the list. Do it in whatever logical order it sounds to you. That could include further diagnosing to better pinpoint your problem and work your way outwards towards the less likely. Problem solving 101. :mrgreen:

Nick_C78

It can be 20+ different things man. We need more information. Like is there a check engine light for starters.

joserivera

No check engine light only mods are header, exhaust, and cia. The car has 130 miles and gas mileage stared to take a crap out of nowhere. I will check the o2 sensor today if its the o2 sensor any suggestions on a good replacement one.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Bosch or any oe replacement brand.

To be more redundant. Water temp sensor. Maf sensor.

No check engine light only mods are header, exhaust, and cia. The car has 130 miles and gas mileage stared to take a crap out of nowhere. I will check the o2 sensor today if its the o2 sensor any suggestions on a good replacement one.
There's your answer. The CIA is siphoning gas.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Is your car warming up like it used to? Shouldn't take longer than 5-10min to hit normal operating temperature. If it's stuck cold, means your thermostat isn't closing and needs to be replaced.
- Aaron