Car ran fine then died

Geno

Car ran fine then died(NEED HELP PLZ

I have a 91 integra that was running fine then she decided to stop running while driving. The motor turns over but won't start. Have racked my brain and bought a Haynes man. and done alot of work on my own.. Like I said ran perfectly then stopped. NEED HELP PLZ!!!!!!!!
I have check the fuel pump, spark, and air flow. Did the jump wire for the codes but the check engine light comes on then goes off...... Has a half tqnk of gas that I get at the same place that I always do...

Last edited:

93dateggy

im havin that same problem dude still tryin to figure it out, does the fue pump kick on when you turn the key?

hulkman38

all GO little SHOW
did you make sure you didnt brake the timing belt? kinda what it sounds like to me. if you spray starting fluid in to the air pick up/air box will it start?

Geno

CHeck the power to distributor, have the right ohms to the injectors all fuses are fine.. Tried starting fluid in throttle body tried to start..
QUESTION does the light on the PCM stay on when the key is turned on or does it come on then go off? Tried to get the trouble codes off the PCM but all I get is the flash light once then nothing(no codes)... So I put a new timing belt in less than two years ago while had the motor out of the car.

The check list so far is as follows....

1. Fuel pump is fine
2. Fuel to the fuel rail is fine
3. New Cap and rotor
4. Fuel pressure regulator is fine
5. Motor is getting adequate spark
6. Air flow is fine

With that being said... The only other thing I believe it could be is the control module. If it is the control module, can any one recomend a reliable and cheap place to get the PCM tested and reflashed to factory specs? My neighbor did this once with a Mitsubihi Montero, I pulled the PCM, shipped it, They returned it and it was plug and play.

Last edited:
CHeck the power to distributor, have the right ohms to the right ohms to the injectors all fuses are fine.. Tried starting fluid in throttle body tried to start..
You left the main relay out....:cry:

hulkman38

all GO little SHOW
if your gettin spark and fuel..imo your goin down the wrong road with the electrical so soon it could possibly wind up being electrical but id run a comp test first esp since you say its getting spark, and fuel/air, the only other thing you have to have to start is compression....if every thing is firing in order.

Geno

if your gettin spark and fuel..imo your goin down the wrong road with the electrical so soon it could possibly wind up being electrical but id run a comp test first esp since you say its getting spark, and fuel/air, the only other thing you have to have to start is compression....if every thing is firing in order.
That's why I was wondering if the PCM went out. Like I said the light comes on with the check engine light but also goes out with it. Used the jump wire to check if there were any codes and after it flashed with the check engine light and turned off nothing else happened..

So is it normal for the led light on the PMC to go out with the check engine light?

hulkman38

all GO little SHOW
That's why I was wondering if the PCM went out. Like I said the light comes on with the check engine light but also goes out with it. Used the jump wire to check if there were any codes and after it flashed with the check engine light and turned off nothing else happened..

So is it normal for the led light on the PMC to go out with the check engine light?
eh man i dont wanna tell you anything wrong...and im not real sure bout that one. sry:???:

Hacksterbaby

When the main relay on my DB1 went out I still had pressure at the rail.
This is a very important point. The main relay fires not only the fuel pump but also the injectors. The main relay in lots of these cars used defective solder on the circuit boards that would cause the solder joints to open up intermittently. Check out this page, and the links provided...

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/mainrelay.html

I de-soldered and re-soldered the critical joints on the relay circuit board in my 92- problems solved. Of course you could always drop fifty-sixty bucks on a new relay and see if that fixes it...

Good luck...