car seems to lag, need help

ProjektDC2

well i tried better gas still seems to do it. checked the ground itseems fine. like i said it just seems to hesitate at like 2600rps. which is weird cus it was doing it at 3200 before i got my better intake. does anyone think that it could have anything to do with the clutch? Oh and DJ i read you B/H thread about your bad ground what did you car do when it was hesitating?

Last edited:

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
How does it feel when it reaches vtec? Does it just lag inbetween 2600 and vtec or all the way after that? It could be something POSSIBLY in your computer that got messed up and your fuel injection doesn't spit right at that certain RPM range.

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
Every gear? If so I would def look into maybe it being something in the computer so and for some reason telling the injectors not to spit as much through that range.

ProjektDC2

yeah i just emailed the guy i bought it from and he said the exhuast might be clogged causing a loss of back presser. guess that's my next step but thanks for the help guys.

JHowardGS98

check your throttle body i may not be responding........... or buy a bigger throttle body i would get the 75mm racing throttle body they are the best out there

ProjektDC2

ok something else i have noticed it doesn't seem to do it when the car is cold but after it warms up it does.

ricardofavela11

another thing you have to remember is that teggys dont have a lot of low end torque.
i thought the same thing but it turns out i was just getting used to it
yea thats what happened to me too. i was freaking out i thought it was normally faster. but makes sense, yea just get used to it after a while. lol

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
what about your clutch?

your vtec?
did you just buy the car? check what ecu is in there
reset the ecu by pulling the ecu backup fuse for few seconds.(when the car is warmed up)
check your timing as well

ProjektDC2

I would like to say my clutch is good but i really don't know. i mean it seems to drive fine but it might be a little worn down. Yeah i bought the car about a month ago and the timing is fine and idk what you mean by your vtec.

DC_Five_Earl

I would like to say my clutch is good but i really don't know. i mean it seems to drive fine but it might be a little worn down. Yeah i bought the car about a month ago and the timing is fine and idk what you mean by your vtec.
A way to tell if your clutch is worn is when your cruising around and the rpm seems higher than usual