Car shake..

deeceetwofreak

So I just replaced both my axles, put in 2 of 3 motor mounts and just traded my old tires/rims. I have a pretty noticeable shake while accelerating in 2nd gear, and a little 3rd. Couple things that I think it may be.. the 3rd rear motor mount is shot i know this(havent replaced it) could that be it? I have to have my 2nd gear rebuilt, could that also be it? Or could it also be that my tires arent balanced? Let me know please! Kinda worried about it.. thanks!

cody1018

I think its more so an issue with the axles themselve. I also did the same thing and I have a noticeable shake as well. I believe it may do with not being seated all the way but I thought it was my tires as well. I got them balanced and it took away some shake but just a little is still there from 30-45 mph nothing before or after if I'm not mistaken. Hope this helps you out any

Sent from Wonka's chocolate factory using tapatalk 2

blxxlee

I got the same issue in my car, replaced the driver side axle with an auto zone axle and now I've been getting shakes at around the same MPH u reported. I'm getting some raxle axles next.

deeceetwofreak

Well when i replaced the axles it was just fine after, but after i did the tires i think it started. Can that actually have that big of a difference?

awright3331

G1 TEG
Well when i replaced the axles it was just fine after, but after i did the tires i think it started. Can that actually have that big of a difference?
lift the front end off the air and check your tires, when you get to 60 mph does your car shake as if was fixing to fall apart? when you get to 70 does it stop or smooth out? lift the front end off the ground and check for bulges in your tires, also check for uneven wear or tread patterns in your tires, if theres no bulges in all 4 tires take it to discount tire where its 15 dollars a wheel for balancing, get a front end alignment to see if it needs to be aligned before going to discount tire check your air pressure for all 4 wheels, since air pressure in tires increase with heat, and decrease while cooling theres a chance that your tires can loose pressure remember because of air expanding with heat, you should have each tires 5 psi under the maximum pressure, (IE 44 - 5 = 39 PSI)

deeceetwofreak

lift the front end off the air and check your tires, when you get to 60 mph does your car shake as if was fixing to fall apart? when you get to 70 does it stop or smooth out? lift the front end off the ground and check for bulges in your tires, also check for uneven wear or tread patterns in your tires, if theres no bulges in all 4 tires take it to discount tire where its 15 dollars a wheel for balancing, get a front end alignment to see if it needs to be aligned before going to discount tire check your air pressure for all 4 wheels, since air pressure in tires increase with heat, and decrease while cooling theres a chance that your tires can loose pressure remember because of air expanding with heat, you should have each tires 5 psi under the maximum pressure, (IE 44 - 5 = 39 PSI)
It's only in like 2nd and 3rd gear. But I'll check. Thanks!

awright3331

G1 TEG
It's only in like 2nd and 3rd gear. But I'll check. Thanks!
Your welcome and if all that doesnt help letme know i have a guy i whos been my adoptive familys mechanic for 38 years, so all i have to do is tell him im dr maly's grandson and ask him for the info.