car shakes alot!!!!! HELP!!!!

slik92teg

ok i dont know why, but when i drive my car and hit like 42 mph, the car starts shaking alot and it feels like its comming from the front wheels, also the steering wheel vibrates alot, i already got the wheels balanced and checked for any visible cracks on the rims and on the car it self but cant seem to figure it out, any one have any info on wats going on, i have to drive down to san diego from LA and i dont want anything happening while im on the road, thanks alot, anything will help

B18TEG

BLACK DA
can be caused by multiple things.
1) motor mounts are done
2) upper and/or lower ball joints need to be replaced
3) wheel bearings need to be replaced
4) need new bushings
5) inner and outer tie rods
after you figure out which one is your culprit, if not a combination of these and everything is back to normal, a good alignment is necessary.
also i almost forgot, has the teg ever been in an accident? if it has the frame could be bent and theres no fix for that my friend, a frame bender can only do so much. so if thats the case, your stuck either sell the frame and get a new shell or sell the whole car and start looking for a new one

slik92teg

it starts vibrating the second i hit 42 mph, and no the car hasnt been crashed and the vibrating problem just started like 2 1/2 weeks ago. my steering wheel vibrates alot too.

slik92teg

ok, after like 65 mph the vibrations stop, and no it doesnt shake when i break, so i really dont know wats worng now.

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
another thing to look at is, an axle could be goin bad. Get under the can and see if theres any play

B18TEG

BLACK DA
have you checked any of what i posted? those are your culprits and possibly axels. . . butidoubt it. check the wheel bearings, balljoints, and tie rods, if you dont know what to look for then take it to a shop for a free estimate. theyll be glad to tell you what it is and how much itll cost you

corona88

it might ur fuel pump. I know in my dads infiniti when you got around 50-60 it started to vibrate too. Kinda weird how it still ran with a broken fuel pump, but that might be ur problem who knows

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
i meant car, i doubt its the axles to but might as well check to start eliminating things....oh yea..Make sure your lug nuts are tight too ;) Ive seen plenty of people forget to tighten em down and think theres something seriously wrong

TheOne1

Agree with Nip and 18Teg, My advice is its the weekend so find out what it is FAST! You dont want to keep driving a car when you hit 45 it starts to Vibrate (Not Safe). If you know how to work on your car yourself I would check out the axles today. If you dont know what to look for, Yea take it to the shop. But you need to start Scratching out possible problems, before what ever it is turns for the worse. My One1 Cent..>>>