Car shopping

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
It's time for a new car. I'm tired of messing with old integras (for now) so I'm looking for something new to mess with.

I've always loved the 2004-2008 Acura TL (Type S version especially) but the standard version is appealing also.

The other option is a 2003-2007 Honda Accord EX (coupe, 6-speed manual) which also uses the J series engine.

All would make decent power, 240HP - 284HP, all would have 6-speed trans and have the J series torque. They all look pretty badass. I'd get spoiler, mud guards, sun roof visors and SatNav for whatever car I end up getting. I'm leaning more towards the Type-S and Accord EX the most. The standard TL is only if I can't find anything else at all.

Thoughts, suggestions, experiences with any of these?

I trust CI with this decision. 8)

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
i have a customer with a 07 TL, been doing all the work since new, good car only brakes and tires, cant wait for him to sell it.super nice car, the accords are nice too

00DC2TW

there are also base model TL's that come with the 6 speed manual, and brembo brakes, and are not the Type S model, they are just super rare... fun to drive my friend has one

MFBATZ

Reddit is fun.
I do not have any personal experience with these cars, so I can't help much. But I'll just throw in a suggestion:

2006 Acura TSX

Cripton805

That Accord looks better than the Civic.
The Accord has been changing too much though.

This has been my fav model so far.
A EURO R Edition of this model would have been cool.

00DC2TW

I like the eigth gen accord too, one of my buddies I drove to eibach with has a v6 one on works...

HERE'S our cars inside the gates at the eibach meet

Cripton805

I like the eigth gen accord too, one of my buddies I drove to eibach with has a v6 one on works...

HERE'S our cars inside the gates at the eibach meet
Aww dude. I should have asked on here who was going.
I went.

I might have seen your car at Taco Bell.
Then again. There was a SHIT load of Hondas lol

Boxy

My cousin had a 2005 TL before the Type S came out until 2008 when the lease ended.

From what I remember, the car rode great. I liked riding in his car more than any other, and especially 'cause of the ride quality. I didn't know much about the exact modifications he made, but I know it was lowered, had the OEM lip kit, OEM lip spoiler, sexy black 16" or 17" rims with bronze calipers, and it was a completely loaded interior with Acura satnav and everything. If I were you I'd get the TL. I love the look they came out with in 2005, the new look is god awful.

8th Gen Accord is also sexy as hell, but I have no experiences with it. If I were you, get a super clean TL (preferably loaded interior, but that's just me), Type S or not.

00DC2TW

Aww dude. I should have asked on here who was going.
I went.

I might have seen your car at Taco Bell.
Then again. There was a s*** load of Hondas lol
mine is the white GSR, the only the stock mint one inside the gates lol, when I mean stock, I mean stock

I do not know who took the pictures, just found them while browsing honda tech picture threads

Cripton805

mine is the white GSR, the only the stock mint one inside the gates lol, when I mean stock, I mean stock

I do not know who took the pictures, just found them while browsing honda tech picture threads
I think I saw it. I left at 1:30
Oh. Your Power Steering Fluid was low. Lmao

Still cant believe you got that for 5k...
I got mine w/ 198k for 4k.
And mine is a 95

Last edited:

00DC2TW

I think I saw it. I left at 1:30
Oh. Your Power Steering Fluid was low. Lmao

Still cant believe you got that for 5k...
I got mine w/ 198k for 4k.
And mine is a 95
yeah it used to leak a little bit from the rack, but I fixed it and just never filled it up lol