Car struggles starting

typefilipino

do you drive a fast car?
My car is currently throwing the P0118 code which has to deal with the thermostat crap but does that make my car not start sometimes? Sometimes my car runs fine then sometimes it just doesnt even start and even at times my car just idles at 1.5 RPM like outta nowhere. I know I needa change out my Theromstat but could there be another problem? I did change out my spark plugs, cap and rotor and I thougt that would help the starting problem but apparantly it hasnt. i need help!

acclude

cheap bastard
That code does not mean your thermostat is bad. It could jsut be a bad ECT sensor. Yes, that will cause the idle issues you mentioned. It shouldn't really cause starting issues unless it's really out of whack but that's rare.

As for the starting issue, have you looked into the fuel system at all?

typefilipino

do you drive a fast car?
That code does not mean your thermostat is bad. It could jsut be a bad ECT sensor. Yes, that will cause the idle issues you mentioned. It shouldn't really cause starting issues unless it's really out of whack but that's rare.

As for the starting issue, have you looked into the fuel system at all?
I actually havent yet.. what could it be? fuel pump or perhaps fuel filter? or something else? Maybe ill change those out too

acclude

cheap bastard
Start with a fuel filter cause that's just good to do anyways.

Might be the main relay. Do you hear a it clicking on the lower drivers side dash area when you turn the keys to the on position (not cranking, but just before you crank it over)? Next time it acts up, listen for the click.

Doubt it's a fuel pump because usually when they go, they go and there's no intermittent problem like what you're describing.

typefilipino

do you drive a fast car?
ahh kk, nope im pretty sure tehres no clicking but ill make sure again tmrw when i wake up! I was reading on some stuff bout the ECT sensor and it kind of seems like that could be the problem.