Car turns randomly

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Alright I had this same problem with another car. When I accelerate my steering wheel goes one way, when I brake it goes the other way. When it did this before, my control arm bolt was broke, but that was because i side swiped a curb.

What I think the problem is with this is but haven't looked because I am looking for feedback. I thoroughly looked this car over when I first got it and fixed simple problems, and diagnosed others. I found one of them to be that the tie rod was loose, but not like the ball part being loose. The actual jam nut was, but it was weird it would cock in all directions if you know what i mean.

I think this is causiing my shift in the steering wheel when I break/accelerate. Would you agree?

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
this could be caused by a lot of potential problems... it could even be bad axels. thats what i would guess. only way to tell is get it up on a lift and check if you can visibly see anything broken

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Well I just got 2 steelies and tires, brand new from discount tire. They are on the front, and as for misalignment, even if it was not aligned right I don't think it would drift one way and then the other when braking then accelerating. I never heard of the bushing problem I am going to check that asap, as well as my tie rod.

Mugen

Hi My Name Is Asimo
for one!! you need to watch the curbs then you wouldn't have these problems smh drive safe man, that isn't good driving around car drifting left to right all over the place.