car under water HELP!!!

DOLCECULLO

Detailer
I went to school this morning and it was just drizzling, so I parked where I usually do. Next thing I know my class got evacuated to the basement for a tornado warning. When we were down there I got a call from campus safety telling me to move my car (8:40am) but the administration said they were not allowed to let me leave during a tornado warning. I finally got out to my car at 9:20ish...

This is what I found...

Me trying to climb in through the hatch to attempt to drive it out

that was a huge fail, starter was under water so it wouldnt even crank, and inside the water was up to the pedals

...aftermath

when I finally got it towed to work it was throwing codes for the IAC motor which we cleaned out and fixed. We got it to run for like a half hour then it would stall out and eventually wouldn't start at all. We're thinking it could be the ECU since that was underwater...but I want other opinions seeing as right now we have it on the lift drying out

mjones73

Ugh that sucks. Pull the ECU out and apart and see if it got wet. Let it sit and dry out and see if it helps if it did...

mjones73

You'll probably wanna pull the carpet and everything out of it also to let it all dry out so you don't get mildew in the car.

DOLCECULLO

Detailer
You'll probably wanna pull the carpet and everything out of it also to let it all dry out so you don't get mildew in the car.
all the water is out, thanks to some sunshine and an industrial size shop vac. The only thing still wet are the floor mats but I have them sitting out of the car.

DarkDB1

So you tried to start it while it was under water?
Thought the same thing (Hai ROB!)

Hopefully you didn't start the car when it was under water, Do you have a CAI? and in those pictures is that the highest the water got to?, You can tell by the belt line left by the water.

Try changing ALL of the fluids, Because you might of gotten water in your oil and gas, If you did start it like that or with a wet air filter you might of done some damage. But i'd start with a fluid change and flush and go from there.

DOLCECULLO

Detailer
Thought the same thing (Hai ROB!)

Hopefully you didn't start the car when it was under water, Do you have a CAI? and in those pictures is that the highest the water got to?, You can tell by the belt line left by the water.

Try changing ALL of the fluids, Because you might of gotten water in your oil and gas, If you did start it like that or with a wet air filter you might of done some damage. But i'd start with a fluid change and flush and go from there.
it got half way up my license plate and the rear was the low side, I have a short ram so my filter didnt get wet. We pulled all the plugs and they were all dry. Check the distributor, coolant, and oil and found no traces of water.

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
holy hell that sucks. looks like it's time to start cleaning, replacing, and letting shit dry.

how did all those other cars get out?

DOLCECULLO

Detailer
holy hell that sucks. looks like it's time to start cleaning, replacing, and letting s*** dry.

how did all those other cars get out?
they didnt, I was the only one who called a tow truck before the second band of the storm hit.

Kiakid

Idk what to put here...
holy shit that sucks balls, as much rain as we've been getting (we just got a 7hr break from it since last saturday) im surprised mine hasnt been under water since it cant move under its own power lol. but i will say, we just put up our flood gates for the first time since 97 (14 years ago)

8-bit

do what now?
I was so worried that a damn tree would fall on my car while I was at school and when I got home. We just got shit load of rain and damaging winds but 20 min north of me a tornado destroyed numerous houses and buildings. Hope everybody recovers quick from this... btw sorry about your car at least you still have it.

72Spitfire

Pull out the interior and ECU. Put a fan inside the car for a day or two. Hang interior carpet in sun to dry. Allow ECU to dry for at least 24hrs. Plug it back and see if it works.

Bad luck man. Bad luck.