Car won't go into gear

2kdb7

So for the past few days my car won't go into gear if I'm at a stand still unless I rev it up to 2k exactly and if I'm over 4k if is ruff as Hell. My clutch res. Was bone dry this morning I filled it up and its gone down a lot in just a few hours. I'm at my breaking point I just spill pop all over my floor because of this bs any ideas would be helpful so I don't set this bitch on fire

2kdb7

Well now I'm screwed I heard a pop pulling into a friend's parking lot now it won't go into gear and grinds reverse

2kdb7

After messing with it more it works fine when the motor is off

cody110

Integra Atheist
alright change your master and slave cylinder take it in and have it bled to get the air out the lines its most likely the master or slave if you keep loosing fluid probably loosing it inside your car up by the clutch pedal on the rubber boot of the master cylinder or pull back the boot cover and inspect your slave it could be either of them loosing fluid! if that's not the problem your clutch is gone get it replaced

Last edited:

cvcrcr99

If you are losing fluid, it is going somewhere. No fluid = grinding gears since you are not disengaging the clutch. You can push it into gear when off since the engine is running.

Look up at the back side of the clutch master cylinder (where the pedal bolts to it). Does it look wet? can you see fluid under the CMC in the engine bay?

I agree with ^^^ when saying replace both master cylinder at the same time.

2kdb7

Finally got home and a good look at it and its leaking on the inside the other one where u bleed it looks fine no sign of wear should I still replace it

The Kev

Vtec? I have V-TAK! Son..
Better have a PRO look at it bro....Transmissions shouldn't be messed with if you do not know what to look for or know what you're doing....

2kdb7

Ya that's not a option I don't have the money plus it can't be that hard I rebuilt the head so this should be easy I just didn't have a clue where to start and almost got killed a few times heading home

cody110

Integra Atheist
replace the master and slave i already told you what to do then have someone bled the system not that hard

cvcrcr99

Finally got home and a good look at it and its leaking on the inside the other one where u bleed it looks fine no sign of wear should I still replace it
Leaking on the inside where you foot is? Then yes, that is definitely your CMC. Replace it along with your slave cylinder (for good measure)

replace the master and slave i already told you what to do then have someone bled the system not that hard
He wouldn't be able to bleed it himself? We were able to show him what to look for next time by diagnosing the problem.

OP, look up guides on how to do the install (very easy IMO) in addtion to bench bleeding the CMC, and bleeding the system once everything is back together.

2kdb7

So replaced master and slave cylinders and it still won't go into gear. Feels like clutch is not engaging or disengage. I've messed with the adjustment nut on the master and get nothing. Could it be a throw out bearing or a syncro?

Havok114

This happened to me a while back replaced cmc & smc and it still wouldn't go into gear so I just replaced the clutch and everything worked fine after that

Sent from my pager