car won't start after head gasket replaced

drpepper123

94 integra rs would crank but wont start.

has fuel and spark

took my valve cover off and my timing belt move from 12 oclock to 10. did i do my timing wrong?

Izzy721

dude same thing just happened to me a few weeks ago..turns out i didnt have any compression so im taking the head to a machine shop tomoro to get it shaved..hopefully thts all it is!! =/

drpepper123

dude same thing just happened to me a few weeks ago..turns out i didnt have any compression so im taking the head to a machine shop tomoro to get it shaved..hopefully thts all it is!! =/
how do you check compression? let me know how it go. I am going to re time my belt, hope to god its that. since i did tdc by highest point, not by marks. Also my cam was off by like a notch or so. Also where can i get that hex wrench, to get the crank pulley off?

ben h

Banned
u get a compression tester from an auto motive store around u

WAR 178

Premium User
there is a tool that some mechanics have for that hex bolt on the pulley. makes it easier to remove...also there are guys who have made their own style tool. But if the motor is out of the car its a diff story... the tool isnt really needed.

obama'swhiteson

id make sure everything is hooked up properly, do a compression test and id say if you have 130psi atleast you should be good but i had really bad compression in my car but still started?

Izzy721

Yeah if you have a pep boys near you u can rent the hex tool for free..u just have to give them w.e it costs for the tool and when u return it they give u all ur money back..but yea make sure u check ur compression cus i too had fuel n spark but then my mechanic came over to check it out n my compression was very low to almost none

BankiBoi

has fuel and spark

took my valve cover off and my timing belt move from 12 oclock to 10. did i do my timing wrong?

you can look under your hood it will tell you what timing your car needs to be in i think mine on my 94 GSR is +14 or 16, if its not in timing it won't start. the TDK marks on your cam gears should be pointing at each those little arrows.

drpepper123

car wont start!!!!!

test my spark plug i see light from the tips

check my compression they all at 125 125 125 130 for cold test, car been sitting for 3 weeks

theres definitely fuel, as i can see and smell fuel on my spark plug

what else can it be????

Izzy721

car wont start!!!!!

test my spark plug i see light from the tips

check my compression they all at 125 125 125 130 for cold test, car been sitting for 3 weeks

theres definitely fuel, as i can see and smell fuel on my spark plug

what else can it be????
have u checked to make sure all your sensors r correctly plugged in? also could be your ignition crank sensor i forget what exactly it is called but its located in your distributor..it can get messed up with a job like changing the head gasket n if so your car will not start until replaced..i suggest u try checking tht out as well..let us know man good luck

Knice

Live & Die by Integras

has fuel and spark

Mine had similar issue mine would crank and but won't start. Ended up replacing the ICM in the dizzy. Good luck.

drpepper123

had my uncle come over, and made it start! All he did was wiggle a couple of rockers and use a hammer to move the distributor