car won't start after head swap

Jabes

congrats on getting it running can i have buttsecx with your car now :) haha

Last edited:

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
congrats on getting in running can i have buttsecx with your car now :) haha
Yuk, but thanks. Nothing compliments a guy like a gay comment aimed at his car. :D

There are some minor tweaks I have to do but nothing serious. I have to adjust the timing with a timing light (which I ran out and got one today), I have to flush the coolant system, and I have to adjust the idle speed. I can pretty much do all those at the same time though so nothing serious. It was quite the journey for sure. So glad I'll never have to go through it again. I think I have to adjust the throttle cable as well, it's friggen touchy!!

Oh well, if anyone out there is thinking of doing this swap, let me know. I don't know if I'll be able to answer all your questions but I've been through it so I'll let you know what I know.

Jabes

haha well maybe i shouldve put no homo :) but good luck, is there any reason you went with the poor mans type r instead of ls vtec?

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
I had a GSR already and I didn't want to change the block. Plus there is way more work with the LS/VTEC. I did this in my driveway with a very basic set of tools. The only help I had was a couple of hours with my cousin lastnight. He basically held the light while I was adjusting the clearance.

LS/VTEC<GSR
GSR<PTR

^^ IMO