Car won't start after thermostat install

dmcastillo86

Ok so I just replaced the thermostat on my 1990 Teggy. Put everything back together and car won't fire. All the lights come on but won't turn. No click or nothin. I have no idea what it is any feed back or suggestions would be very helpful

LittleB10

um maybe check connections to the dizzy and check the grounds. i believe there is a ground near the thermostat. or check the long list of things like, plugs, wires, have spark, getting fuel, fuses, grounds, main relay, fuel pump turns on, igniter, icm, rotor/cap, ecu throwing codes. hope this helps. good luck!

LittleB10

its cool. its code name for distributor. lol good luck! update when can. maybe add more info so we can isolate it to a few things instead of a huge list lol.

dmcastillo86

Ya ima check the distributor and starter this week cause those are the easiest to me lol idk much about mechanics

Prozon

Kris
Check to make sure you didn't knock the wire off your starter. It's a small signal wire that just slides onto a tab. It's in that area and it's possible you accidentally pulled it off.

dmcastillo86

If its the one I'm thinking of there wasn't a screw on it holding it on but it got knocked off and I put it back on and tried it but still got nothing. Its not even attempting to start no crank at all and its aggravating me lol

dmcastillo86

Still can't get it started. I checked my dizzy cap and plug wires all good. I did notice some lubricant on the bottom of the cap(don't know if that's normal). Also checcked my battery its fully charged idk what else to do. Idk where the main relay or ignition switch is to check em? Please help me guys. I need my car running lol

dmcastillo86

Ya it was running but it started overheating and from everyone I spoke to said it was the thermostat so I switch it out and put everything back and it wouldn't crank

dmcastillo86

Its not cranking at all and my old thermostat is all jacked up so its worthless. But from what I've read and researched it looks like it could be the main relay. I'm just trying to find time to work on it. I work 12 hours oovernight so its hard to find time to mes with her

Dtackett

check the cable going to your starter, see if it shorted out from you not disconnecting the battery, pulling off the thromo housing and coolant leaking onto it could have shorted it out, also check your ignition fuse in your fuse box under the hood (above the battery) a little bit of liquid could cause a lot of issues