Car won't start, help!

Army74D

gtavila_
Before I purchase anything, I need answers.
So I did an oil change yesterday, changed the spark plugs and spark plug wires.
Drove the car around town for a few errands with no problems. Suddenly while heading home after dinner out with friends, the car just shut off while slowing down at a red light. I popped the hood open thinking maybe the cheap Bosch spark plugs wires from Autozone came loose. Sure enough, they did. So I plugged them back in and tried to start the car but nada. After numerous failed attempts (9pm in a busy street), ONE good samaritan helped me push it to the side, and eventually AAA towed me home.

Got home; checked the spark plugs-Good.
Spark plug wires-Good.
Fuel system-Good.
Fuses- Good.
l
This is my first time having problems with this car in the two years I've owned it.
95 RS
Stock B18b1

Please help!

Last edited:

Army74D

gtavila_
When I turn the key all the way and hold it for like 3 seconds, a tapping/ clicking sound goes on in the engine compartment.

justjdm

DB8 Whore
With that plug wire coming off it could of caused the ignition coil to go bad inside the distributor. Doesn't take much to short them out. I'd try replacing that or if you can borrow a distibutor, that would be better to see. Do you know if your getting spark?

Army74D

gtavila_
I put on a different distributor, and the car fired up but started bogging out so I shut it off, tightened everything down and tried to start it up again but nada. I'm definetely getting a spark.

justjdm

DB8 Whore
I put on a different distributor, and the car fired up but started bogging out so I shut it off, tightened everything down and tried to start it up again but nada. I'm definetely getting a spark.
Damn, thought that would of helped. Maybe try changing the wires again? Might of messed that one plug wire up or something when it fell off. If I can think of anything else, I'll get back to you.