car won't start, not getting spark?

Pushwater

I searched and couldn't locate anything, my car quit running and now won't start, its. 97 rs, its not getting any spark what so ever, I replaced the dizzy with a brand new one and still nothing, I'm completly confused and have no clue what it could be, any help would be greatly appericated.

fernando_dc2

I <3 my Honda
try checking the relays and if the ignition coil isnt burned or the coil spring is touching the metal on distributor cap!! happen to me

Pushwater

I tried a brand new dizzy and it still didn't fire, I've been told maybe the main relay? But I was wanting to verify before I purchased anything.

stewy485

FlyingCaesar
Did your dizzy come with the ignition coil? If not I had this same problem but i didnt get a new dizzy i just replaced my ignition coil and it started right up. also check your spark plugs and wires.

Pushwater

Yea everything was new in the dizzy, and ok I will thanks man, its been dead since friday I'm starting to miss my poor teg lol

fernando_dc2

I <3 my Honda
well open the dizzy cap and look at the coil spring....make sure its touching the metal on distributor cap and isnt twisted up!!!....i had that problem

stewy485

FlyingCaesar
When I had this problem the main thing was the ignition coil, however my spark plug wires weren't pulling low enough ohms. in other words there was no electricity running to the plugs. get a voltage tester and test them and see what ohms they have.

VRVC94

ok so i think i am on the same spot as you and is also a bit lost, about 2 weeks ago my car was running fine... but i started to play with the car " meaning removing wires that were not connected to anything, wire tucking, painted the head, and last of all "" i took out the distributor"", so after i placed everything back i had 2 problems....... my car wasnt starting and it wasnt even turning over.... so i have no idea why but i noticed that i had not bolted the ground wire that goes connected from the engine to the frame of the car... so after that the car started cranking over but it still would not start...

i replaced the distributor cap and rotor and ignition wires
checked the ignition module for correct oms
checked for correct firing order on the cap to the engine
checked all the wires going to the distributor
checked all fuses
checked the starter relay
checked all connection
checked the battery

iv been trying and trying for the last 2 fucken weeks no joke looking up one thing after another... today i have the day off so ones again iam going to try and figure out what could be wrong... i know its something electrical since everything else works fines... i well keep u posted so let me know if you have any luck before i do...

Mikeb353

1. Test the coil and igniter in the distributor by removing the distributor cap and rotor. The Black/Yellow (BLK/YEL) wire should have battery voltage, key on engine off. Also, the coil negative wire should have battery voltage.

2. The Yellow/Green (YEL/GRN) wire should have 9 to 12 volts produced by the igniter.

3. When the YEL/GRN wire has the correct voltage, all the Engine Control Module (ECM) does is pulse the voltage to ground so spark will occur. This signal can be checked on a scope or a dwell meter. The signal should be a square wave signal on a scope or 10 to 14 degrees of dwell on a dwell meter on a 4-cylinder scale.

4. If the signal is correct, look for a trigger signal on coil negative. If there is a signal on coil negative, replace the ignition coil. If there is no signal on coil negative, replace the coil and igniter.

CALL ME IF THAT DOES NOT WORK...... my work number is 860-677-5454 ask for Mike B I just checked identifix and some causes could be

43 - Distributor
29 - Ignition Coil
8 - Igniter
2 - Igniter, Ignition Coil
1 - Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor
1 - Distributor Wiring Harness
1 - Ignition Switch