car won't start >.<

xSpRiNkLeZ

Ok so i leave my apt, start my car and it starts up perfect... drive 10 minutes to where I'm going and turn it off for the couple minutes, and when i try starting it back up, it doesnt wanna start out of nowhere! It tries starting, just doesnt fully turn over.

Day 1 Update: Just went and tested a few things, its not the battery, because i put my friends battery in and it still didnt start.
We smell gas from trying to start it and also push starting didnt work. I was told its not the starter because its trying to turn over.

Day 2 Update: checked for spark and arent getting any. opened up the dizzy and theres shredded plastic and a random bolt just laying in there. My rotor button was FUCKED. Surely this is the problem, so i go buy a new rotor button and cap, slap it on, still doesnt start!
Now i gotta check for what? coil? ICM? what else?

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Knice

Live & Die by Integras
Check for sparks at the spark plugs (If no sparks, I would replace the IGNITION COIL). If there is sparks its possible it's the ICM. I had same issue, unfortunately I had to replaced both of mine to get my car started again. Good luck, let us know your outcome.

xSpRiNkLeZ

yeah its dark now, but tomorrow im checking all the spark plugs and the fuel rail.
so hopefully thats it. My car was our daily, but while its down we gotta drive my girls which needs an alignment bad

SFBay

Assuming it's day 2 of diagnostics... If it starts the second morning without issue, drives to the gas station or wherever ok, and dies again after parked for a few mins, then check the main relay.

xSpRiNkLeZ

It's probably Aids. But I'd say check the coil pack next.
lol yeah those damn STD's. probably from that girl i picked up last week... fuck.

but yeah my friend has a coil pack for me but he isnt free till wednesday. but thats definitely next on my list.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Just remember, when you fck jdm..jdm fcks you.

But that'd be my next check..no CEL or anything?

xSpRiNkLeZ

yeah and jdm has aids. which is why i say fck jdm!

yeah i have a CEL... but its been there for a while, never got around to checking it out. but now that its not drivable, i dont know someone with the code reader to check that for me

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
If you can find someone, do it, you may have had a code for just like an o2 sensor months ago..and now with it dead there may also be another code..I would definitely try and get that checked.