car won't start

McMahon

JackTuned
Ok I drive a 95 ls and it started just fine last weekend and I haven't driven it since. Now it won't start,

I added gas
Checked plugs and wires
Checked for spark on plug #1 and got spark
There was gas where the plugs go in
I cleaned them out and put new plugs In
Checked fuel injectors. Lots of fuel came out when I ppulled themout (flooded?)
Fuel pump turns on
Turns over at a normal speed
Failed to jump start from my jeep
Checked engine grounds
Checked connections on ecu/main relay

Think that's it so far. Heeeelp!

iLL-ViBeZ

Hoops, Honeys & Hip-Hop
starter/battery? if its not taking a charge it may be a bad battery. but then it could be your starter. id change both......

McMahon

JackTuned
If it was the starter it wouldn't try to turnover. It'd just click. And if it was the battery it would turn over really slow, in which it turns over at a normal speed.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Ignition coil possibly? No codes?

French-Frye

Main relay. Under your dash take it out unplug it and put it in your freezer for 10 min. take it out plug it back in and start the car

Last edited:

McMahon

JackTuned
Just put the main relay in the freezer.

I did get the car to push start, but it died out when I was letting it sit in neutral.

French-Frye

if the interior of the car was very hot inside then this would work. the problem im thinking of is the main relay gets very hot so the solder on the board inside it create hairline fractures in it from the metal exspanding from the heat. if the main relay is cooled down to the point the metal contracts again the connection will be better (this is all internal) but if cooling the main relay down did not work then your problem may lie in your ignition system

French-Frye

Kinda. 70 and raining. Doesn't make sense for it to stall out after its started tho.
well all these symptoms point to the main relay problem because i have this same eexact problem with my Teg and it works for me. but if i dont have time to freeze the relay to cool the metal solder flicking the main relay a few times and trying to start it usually works.

McMahon

JackTuned
I tried putting it in the freezer for longer, still nothing.

I tested my battery's voltage as well.

12.3V on cold
10.3V during crank

So that seems fine.

If the distributor was bad, would I still be getting spark?