Car won't start...

mendoza

A couple friends of mine wanted to learn how to drive a stick and i took them out to the park. We were teaching the last person he had it in natural & he have it some gas, he thought he was in gear, then we stoped amd turned off the car. When we were ready to leave, i tried starting the car but it just wouldnt turn on. The car would crank, it just wouldnt turn on. We think theirs no spark or the fuel pump?! Can anyone help me out, i need to figure this out pretty quick bc the car wa left at a friends house and its a pretty bad area to leave these types of cars

Cripton805

Could be either. Were you parked on a hill? How much gas did you have when you turned off the car? Anything at a 1/4 and below can affect starting on a hill depending how steep it is. I had a 1/4 tank once and my car wouldnt start until I got to a level surface because all of the fuel went to the front of the tank.

mendoza

Nope it was a leveld parkin lot, we also tryed to push start it but it wouldnt start ether

malikusmangee

Make sure you match the cranking amps on the batteries. This is the charge it takes to start the car. Cars are different depending on their engines, compression, etc.

Crisco

I'm a new guy! An I just got a 90 4 door ls. The motor mounts were beat. So I bought new ones, replaced them an let my buddy test out the car. It grounded 3rd an 4th. When he came back. The he said the clutch felt funny and it was really stiff. I went home, got ready for work and as I drove 20 feet away from house. It felt like my gear popped out and the car turned off. And now the car doesn't turn on.

We tried push starting it, jumping it, and nothing. The fuel pump is working and the spark plugs are getting sparks. Could the problem be from the tranny?