Car wont start

yfzdanny

I'm having a few issues with starting my car. It seems to only happen when its "cold" here in Vegas, basically below 60 degrees:). Anyway, what happens is, Ill turn the car to ACC, push the clutch and try to crank and all I get is silence. I will try 10 mins later and it usually will start right up and after the car is warm I don't have an issue at all. I used the car all summer with no problems but this is my first winter with it and I cant figure it out. I took it to the local honda people and they couldn't figure it out. I tried to search but couldnt get what I was looking for. Thanks in advance.

Car is a 98 integra 160k miles

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Also check your clutch switch on your pedal. Mine went bad and my car wouldn't start at all. I had to run a jumper wire on it to bypass the switch for now. Could possibly be it. Do you hear a clicking sound when you turn over the ignition to start it? If you hear the clicking sound and it still doesn't crank over, then it's most likely your starter.

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Ok, took it back to the shop after checking all the above and they said it needds a new starter. Quick question, is this a good starter? or is it going to fall apart after a week?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-STARTER-ACURA-INTEGRA-1998-2001-1-8L-VTEC-/140594518685?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AIntegra&vxp=mtr&hash=item20bc161a9d
Seems like a good starter. Says its made by Denso which makes the OEM starters, so I don't see you having a problem with it. Good luck!