car won't turn over

So Breazy

Hey guys, my 94 rs won't start. I haven't started it in a little over a week. It cranks but doesn't die, it kind just keeps the cranking rythem. When I crank it and give it a little gas, the rhythem speeds up but I don't know if this will flood my engine. Any info would be great! Thanks.

tegg623

Hey guys, my 94 rs won't start. I haven't started it in a little over a week. It cranks but doesn't die, it kind just keeps the cranking rythem. When I crank it and give it a little gas, the rhythem speeds up but I don't know if this will flood my engine. Any info would be great! Thanks.
try runnning test on the distributor see if your getting spark this happened to me last week and it was a bad ignition coil.

DC2Dade

Another teen in the game.
check to see if your plugs are getting any spark. if not, it might be your distributor or coil.

blue94teg

have one of the spark plug wires connected to a spark plug and then turn it over and see if the plug is getting spark

IntegraGirl13

Yes I'm a female mechanic
Step 1
Disengage each spark plug wire one at a time while the engine idles. See if the engine's performance changes with the wire removed. Check the each spark plug and wire's resistance if the Integra's performance doesn't change.

Step 2
Remove the spark plugs from the engine with a socket wrench. Examine them for cracks in the insulation and replace if needed. Connect them back to their spark plug wires.

Step 3
Take one plug and ground its outer electrode to the engine (touch its metal body to a piece of metal on the car like the engine block). Crank the engine and look for a strong blue spark across the plug's electrodes.

Step 4
Repeat the test for the other plugs. Proceed to the following steps if you see an irregular, weak or no spark on one or more of the plugs.

calitypeR

My 98 ITR had an issue of not starting but cranking. Check the "MAIN RELAY". Smack the area above your left shin when your sitting in the car. Then try to start it, if it starts then your main relay prolly is bad. I hit the relay my car would start and drive for a while then stall, hit it again and it would start and run. very annoying. hope this helps.

mirrorimg

My 98 ITR had an issue of not starting but cranking. Check the "MAIN RELAY". Smack the area above your left shin when your sitting in the car. Then try to start it, if it starts then your main relay prolly is bad. I hit the relay my car would start and drive for a while then stall, hit it again and it would start and run. very annoying. hope this helps.
The main relay controls the fuel pump. That would be a fuel issue my friend.