car won't turn over

azspd02

You can't lol I had the same problem changed out the distributor, spark plugs, spark plug wires and still nothing turns out it was the timing belt so unfortunately it could be your belt. Is the engine turning over at all when you crank? If not open up your valve cover and check to see if the belt is still on and if your gears are lined up tdc (facing straight up noon) if not then unfortunately you may have a bigger problem on your hands...good luck

Mikeb353

Vehicle Application:
1991 Honda Civic 1.5L 1994 Acura Integra RS 1.8L
1992 Acura Integra LS 1.8L 1994 Honda Civic DX 1.5L
1992 Honda Civic DX 1.5L 1994 Honda Civic LX 1.5L
1992 Honda Civic LX 1.5L 1995 Honda Civic CX 1.5L
1993 Acura Integra LS 1.8L 1995 Honda Civic EX 1.5L
1994 Acura Integra GSR 1.8L 1996 Acura Integra LS 1.8L
1994 Acura Integra LS 1.8L 1998 Acura Integra GSR 1.8L
Customer Concern:
No start. Has injector pulse but no spark. The check engine light turns on for 2 seconds and does go out.
Tests/Procedures:
1. Test the coil and igniter in the distributor by removing the distributor cap and rotor. The Black/Yellow (BLK/YEL) wire should have battery voltage, key on engine off. Also, the coil negative wire should have battery voltage.

2. The Yellow/Green (YEL/GRN) wire should have 9 to 12 volts produced by the igniter.

3. When the YEL/GRN wire has the correct voltage, all the Engine Control Module (ECM) does is pulse the voltage to ground so spark will occur. This signal can be checked on a scope or a dwell meter. The signal should be a square wave signal on a scope or 10 to 14 degrees of dwell on a dwell meter on a 4-cylinder scale.

4. If the signal is correct, look for a trigger signal on coil negative. If there is a signal on coil negative, replace the ignition coil. If there is no signal on coil negative, replace the coil and igniter.
Potential Causes:
Ground
Harness
Igniter
Ignition Coil
Tech Tips:
The dwell on coil negative should match the dwell on the Yellow/Green (YEL/GRN) wire.
Diagnostic Codes:
None
Author: Robert Johnson
Average Reported Mileage: 152403

Mikeb353

Confirmed Fix
22 - Ignition Coil
9 - Distributor
7 - Igniter
3 - Igniter, Ignition Coil
1 - Connector
1 - Distributor Cap, Distributor Rotor, Ignition Coil
1 - Engine Control Module (ECM)
1 - Ground

Mikeb353

I would try to do couple test and confirm ur fix everyone on CI has been hitting it right on the head with the coil or dizzy

So Breazy

All these explanations are so confusing for a car noob. Anybody mind giving me a quick way to check the coil and or distributor in simple terms so I can understand, pls and thanks.

So Breazy

So strange update, I tried starting my car today after work and it magically started no problem? Should I be worried or jst go along with it? I'm beginning to think trolls are fooling with my car at night =D