CARB legal intake?

92_JDM

I have my mind set on two different intakes, but would like CI member opinion before buying. The two intakes that i have in mind are Injen or AEM intake. my budget is around $150. Please list other CARB legal intake that you guys preferr.

Ryan659

Everyone is going to say just buy a eGay tube and put an AEM filter on it. But you prob live in CA (because of stupid EO#) and I have a SRI AEM. Gonna replace it with a cold air some day though. Do you want top end of low end gains?

92_JDM

yeah i live in central CA. i need to get my motor bar'd but my oem intake is missing a piece and so i think it wouldnt be able to be bar'd. in a way i dont really care if its top or low, i just wanted bar'd intake but what do you preferr Ryan?

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Keep it simple, whatever has the carb that fits your car and make sure the filter is good. ie k&n or aem dry flow.

92_JDM

Keep it simple, whatever has the carb that fits your car and make sure the filter is good. ie k&n or aem dry flow.
so i can buy a aem intake with a k&n filter? if thats possible it might be out of my budget lol :).

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Intake doesn't matter. It's a pipe with one bend? CARB SUCKS ASS, but gotta follow the rules here in CA... Like Nemesis said, get a used intake and a quality filter.
- Aaron

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Any intake will not change emissions. Most companies do not want to pay to get it tested.

just go on craigs list and find a sticker and put it on a whale dick

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Can't just put a sticker on it unless the sticker is from an intake that looks very similar to the fake intake. If your going to BAR, he will check all those numbers to make sure that they correspond to the part AND the motor AND Make, Model AND Year of the vehicle. The intake modification law is seriously one of the dumbest we have here in Cali... Why can't they just focus on whether the car pollutes an excessive amount?!!!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
because california uses a different model than the rest of the united states. Its more agressive because of the natural and point sources of emissions as well as the mobil point sources. We need a more agressive air model otherwise we would all have breathing problems. Look at LA, and look at san diego that shit is on fire like once a year.

Also there is no reason to go to bar unless you have a ticket, and if you have a ticket there are more important things to worry about than having a sticker on an intake. Actually i think my friend passed with one on his whale dick. Times are changing, for instance B20 swaps are legal now. Well...i dont know about for you but for me they are.

92_JDM

yeah b20 swap is legal for me too but i dont want to deal with cops..thats why i want to bar'd my motor