cars.com??

acteg94

hey im looking at buying an integra from an individual seller on cars.com. He says he has to give them my address and name and they will contact me about the deal. Has any1 ever bought a car from that site and know how it works?..thanks

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
they don't let you just give them that information yourself instead of going through him? i've never bought a car through them.

acteg94

i went ahead and started the transaction and the way it looks everything seems safe so ill update if anything goes wrong. thanks

acteg94

well the guy sent me an email, and it looked so real i couldnt pass it up. but he screwed me. don't use cars.com. and the police or fbi wont help at all. so yea im out $3300

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
please don't tell me you wired money or sent him money before seeing the car...

acteg94

unfortunately....i did. i guess a deserved it for making a stupid move. but it all looked real. he even made an email that said it came from cars.com. he was a pro

acteg94

they also let him pick the money up in las vegas...even tho i sent it to pensacola florida

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
wow are you serious....sorry but you fell for a trick, and cars.com, doesnot work like that you can just call or email the seller, if i remember right.....

acteg94

well i thought it was the real deal. he said he was in the military and his address was even at a military base, jus turns out it wasn't real. hopefully ill be getting my money back tho. they were supposed to contact me when he was trying to pick it up somewhere else and they didnt.

CONEV8R

Stock and I Like It.
That's not the fault of Cars.com. That's a scam. There are scams on Craigslist, and Autotrader and even eBay, as well.

Cars.com functions much like Autotrader. A person or dealership selling a vehicle/vehicles pays and posts a listing with details about the vehicle and transaction. The person then posts contact information for you, the buyer, to contact them directly.

When I was looking for my car, I saw MANY MANY cars posted online that "looked great" but had suspicious information. In this day and age, you have to be very very careful who you're dealing with. I would NEVER buy anything for more than $1000 that I can't see first hand before paying for it.