Cars with good Automatic trannies.

PioneerLS

Is there any that are under 10k? Preferably not an economy car, but at least gets 25+ hwy and around 18 city.
Ive decided i dont want to be stuck with the integras seriously shit auto transmission, that i never realized was so bad until i drove a 99 grand prix gtp. Even flooring it you couldnt feel the transmission shifting.

But i feel like that car might be too expensive to repair all up cause theyre not the most reliable but they are pretty good, but i was wondering if there are any other sporty or luxurious cars under 10000 that dont look like.. just bad... like grand prixs and integras look nice, but like a civic, or an older malibu, i wouldnt want to waste my money on.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Just get an integra. I get 28mpg on average, sure the trans isn't perfect but it gets the job doe

PioneerLS

Is the 98+ auto better than the pre 98 auto trans? I heard that somewhere. If that's the case I will.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
I don't know if they're different.

Psh, I keep the revs up above 4k 60% of the time and I still get that good of mileage

PioneerLS

im not complaining about gas mileage im complaining about the auto tranny in the integra.. its stupid bad and changes gears violently no matter how many miles are on the tranny or how good condition its in lol so i dont wanna really get another integra. considering my grandma who i live with has a crv 2008 i might just go all out and get an f body v8 for fun and drive her crv whenever i dont feel like spending a lot of gas or its snowing/raining.
what do you guys think about that? cause i was also thinking of getting a grand prix GTP. its a v6 supercharged runs like 14.6 stock, but the f bodies run like what high 13's plus theyre RWD unlike the grand prix.

so indecisive

Last edited:

bkirshr

User that is Registered
I get 28 usually as well, and it doesnt seem too violent shifting. Its not as smooth as my GF's accord, but its not jerking you around like a roller coaster. I really wanted a GTP before i got my teg. I like those cars. the 3800 is bulletproof

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
My 97 LS I had before mine was auto, I felt the tranny was pretty smooth, integra auto trannys seem to be either a hit or miss with people.

PioneerLS

yeah. ifi was going to get another integra, would it be wise to just get an accord instead if its going to be an automatic? especially considering how rare a good integra is around here... jesus christ

cause half of my indecisivity (yes) is that i dont know what TYPE of car i want. rwd, gas saver, or what. i figure the gtp is a combination of everything, its decent sized, decent mpg, pretty nice moddability and performance. but i could just go all out yolo yolo and get a z28 or trans am with crazy performance but bad mpg and small. dunno... :\

Last edited:

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
yeah. ifi was going to get another integra, would it be wise to just get an accord instead if its going to be an automatic? especially considering how rare a good integra is around here... jesus christ

cause half of my indecisivity (yes) is that i dont know what TYPE of car i want. rwd, gas saver, or what. i figure the gtp is a combination of everything, its decent sized, decent mpg, pretty nice moddability and performance. but i could just go all out yolo yolo and get a z28 or trans am with crazy performance but bad mpg and small. dunno... :\
No, my friend has a newer generation accord and she broke the tranny already, z28 wouldn't be bad. Props for the Chevy :D

And if you say yolo one more time i'm gonna slap you across the internet

PioneerLS

lol i said it as a joke. because high schoolers shouldnt be getting 15mpg rwd fast v8s. but idk. maybe a gtp would be best, im just hoping i dont get one that falls apart :\

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
lol i said it as a joke. because high schoolers shouldnt be getting 15mpg rwd fast v8s. but idk. maybe a gtp would be best, im just hoping i dont get one that falls apart :\
Well get whatever you want we aren't the ones driving it haha

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
My old 97 Accord LX gets 32+ MPG weekly. Stock, no mods, and very well maintained. It's at almost at 300k miles. The only problem with 5th gen Accords are that they are the top 10 stolen cars in America along with the Integra, haha. My current Integra averaged around 28 hwy/ 20 city. I tested this