Cat bolts

BugJuice

Whats up Clubteggy, I have a question about the catalytic convertor bolts. (Not the flange side.)

So last night i was trying to install my skunk2 megapower catback and i unhooked all of the exhaust except the part connecting to the cat because of those 3 bolts....the pain in the arse rusted ones...

So i busted 2 of the 3 loose and i stripped the last one.... (of course :( )
Tried getting it off and stripped it worse. Torched it and vice gripped it and still no luck.

To me it appears the 3 bolts are not bolts but "studs" almost. Because the back of the bolt has a oval flat surface at the end of it.

So i tried dremmeling the bolt off but i still couldn't disconnect the pipes because when i cut it like so it like bonded it :/

Anyone have any ideas? If so id have to take it to a muffler shop to get it installed.

Thanks

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
If you busted them up and have trouble getting them off you probably have to have a shop drill them out unless you can do it yourself. A muffler shop wont do that for you i dont think.

njhustler

I wound up cutting the bolts off , grinding the heads off then tapping them out. Yes they are studs. It's a pita , mine were welded together with rust bolts flange everything..

BugJuice

i eventually got them out. they are not studs. i cut them off and pounded them off with liquid wrench and a hammer