cat converter or something else?

itrintegra

i hooked a code reader up to it and it is reading catalytic system below threshold. I bought a new cat converter/o2 sensors, and it is still reading below threshold. What else is with the catalytic system thats still making it read that. I even tried cleaning out the idle air control unit. What its doing is running and then just shutting down, or while driving, the car will stay on but the rpms will shoot to 0, and i tap on the gas a few times and it will shoot right back up. any ideas of what it could be, and what all is connected with the catalytic system? thanks

Backwoodz Tuner

have you checked all wiring comin from your o2 sensor wiring. maybe possibly your wiring got a little crispy cause theres a lot of heat that comes off the cat. ALSO have you tried testing yo iac valve ? it could be possibly bad. you jus need to hook up negative and a 12 volt power source to test it. if all works correctly the little plunger type thingy inside should move back and fourth everytime you connect and disconnect power to it. good luck hope this helps

itrintegra

ended up the guy at the shop who did my motor accidently spliced into my wires going to my distributor so its all taken care of now..thanks though for the feedback