Catalytic Converter Advice

Dr Grant

So I'm pulling the P0420 & P0430 codes from my auto 2000 acura integra ls. I just received my license plate renewal notice from the DMV and says I need a passed emissions test by 5/5/15. Anyone have any recommendations on which catalytic converter to buy? Was thinking of purchasing the "WALKER Part # 16219 Walker EPA Ultra Direct Fit Converter" from RockAuto for 141.79 since it seems to be favored on that site and has good reviews where I've found reviews on it. Also would buy the gaskets for each side along with the "2 compression springs, 2 metric bolts, and 2 nuts Walker Spring Bolt Kit". Am I missing anything?

Any other advice pertaining to this job is appreciated.

renarudo

Did you check your o2 sensors? I'd swap those out for fresh ones before taking out your cat. It cleared my p420 on my car.

Dr Grant

I'm reading the scanner right now at advanced auto lol O2S11 voltage fluxuating from 0-.7+ regularly so I believe that's what we want here for that one. O2S12 voltage remaining constant at .075 which is what we don't want iirc from ericthecarguy YouTube video. I believe he said we want that one to remain around .5 not fluxuating too much, and mine is staying at .075 no matter what.

Last edited:

Dr Grant

Okay I forgot to be pushing the pedal to around 2500 rpm. O2S12 reads anywhere from .250-.9 going back and forth.