Catalytic Converter opinions please

01TegLuv

Im looking for a good quality OE replacement cat, what brand you guys think is good? My original cat crapped out. Had a magna flow 2 inch welded on to the flanges. Passed inspection and was good for about a month, the way I rev high that was not lasting.. (Started to calm down on driving),

I checked out these oe replacement direct fits, that are cheap but i know are not great fittings and will crap out quick anyway, the original Acura cat i remember had a great tone i think, but that thing from the dealer is near a grand, F that.

Im considering a cheap 200$ cat, was looking at Walker, Bosal, Eastern catalytic, you guys have any experience with these? good tone and no tripping check engine for a while?

Would like a good, affordable, OEM type cat, with good tone and clear emission codes no check engine.

thanks

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I used a Carsound cat for a few years and never had an issue with it crapping out on me, never failed an inspection. I wound up selling it with the JDM ITR header I had it fitted with.

01TegLuv

Really? cool where'd you find it and how much you paid? i haven't seen thant brand online on my search

01TegLuv

Wait.. thats a Magnalow.. ??

the one I have on is by magna flow lol not sure if the honeycomb inside deteororiated , i think its got a fizzy sound

01TegLuv

http://www.tunersports.com/magnaflow-direct-fit-catalytic-converter-23939_p49267.html

Did a little research, and for the exact cat for my model integra they recommend, and from the pictures, and seeing the actual cat in pics from a customer who bought on Amazon, the 02 port is on the wrong side, upstream, instead of downstream after the cat. Where the B-pipe/catback meets the cat. Never was happy with this company Magnaflow which why i would like opinions on other brands. Don't think its worth the 300

01TegLuv

Ok scratch that, I see now, it was kind of hidden, it does have two 02 ports, but two customer reviews complained about the poor quality anyway, so Idk.. still considering other brands

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Carsound is made by Magnaflow. I bought it a long time ago, like around '03, can't remember what I paid or the part #. It was one of the most popular brands of aftermarket cat at the time. Mine was 2.5 inch diameter. This is a for sale pic of it: