Catalytic converter questions

Rayda9

So I got a catback exhaust system off a friend who had a DA.. He ran this system on his, but the exhaust system has only 2 bolts where the cat bolts up to. It's almost the same as the 2 bolt header flange on the resonator pipe. Is there a catalytic converter for the DA with 2 bolt header flanges on both sides? If so, where can I get it? BTW, the resonator pipe is unmodified.

Rayda9

Or is there an adapter I can use? I had to modify my cat to get it to work and I didnt like that method much.

99tegjawn

Well you obviously either have to wrong exhaust or, somewhere along the line the cat just got slapped on there. Weld it on. Fit a custom pipe. There is no stock fix for this there really never is for exhausts. That's the good thing about metal, it's easy to make a custom fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rayda9

Well you obviously either have to wrong exhaust or, somewhere along the line the cat just got slapped on there. Weld it on. Fit a custom pipe. There is no stock fix for this there really never is for exhausts. That's the good thing about metal, it's easy to make a custom fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very true, would it be easier to get the correct flange for the exhaust pipe itself so I can use the stock cat? If so, where can I get the flange from?