caution wet floor

DAteggy93

i was wondering why my passenger floor is gettin wet, i check the heater core and it was good. i checked for leaks but nothin near that area. wat could it be?

CORNELDA

my da9 is blowin my mind
^^ Mine too but my passenger floor is getting soaked too but mines is a puddle from the right passenger floor and behind the passenger on the floor too but the drivers side is completely dry its driving me insane!!!:angryfire

jznsn2u

Moisture is getting into your car. Possibly from tail lights or through your windows at night.

CORNELDA

my da9 is blowin my mind
Moisture is getting into your car. Possibly from tail lights or through your windows at night.
sorry too thread jack. but i park my car up a steep drive way, so it cant be the tail lights also when i checked my trunk it was completely dry. this car is so random sometimes

DAteggy93

i know mu window leaks only when alot of water is on it, my door is mis aligned. the wet spot is where the passengers feet go, the seat and everything else is dry. i even checked for whole underneath, my car came from cali so no rust and its undercoated. hasnt rained in a week and its still soaked even with the heat blastin on the floor.

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
The insulation on the secondary cowl under the main one at the base of the window tends to break down after time (it's a 20 year old car!). My car was leaking every time it rained, so I pulled up the cowl and threw some foam tape onto the edges. Unfortunately, it hasn't rained up here (snow) so I can't really make a call on its success until it rains again.

CORNELDA

my da9 is blowin my mind
haha i do too. but ill try that cowl repair this weekend. im getting tired of going to the gas station to vacum out the swamp in my car after every rainy day, that 1.50 adds up after a while lol

rshou

i Fixed this problem in my 90 teg. the previous owner of my car did some wierd ceiling on top of were the actual seal of the windshield should be. i notice3d as it started to rain, the passenger sides feet leaked and created puddles. i popped the hood and noticed right were the hood is bolted on, there is a black plastic piece on either end under the windshield. My friend told me to get a water hose and spray on either corner to see if thats were the leak is coming from. sure enouch it was. just to confirm this, i took the time to take out the glove box, and i saw the air conditioner system. i looked underneath the plastic peice wich is under the glove box, and i noticed that there was a hole in the metal bottom of the ac fan. The metal bottom looks just like a metal sheet. next to the metal sheet is were the water drains through a tube, but the water was not draining through the tube because of the hole. i got rtv silicone and i sealed the plastic pieces up and sure enough the leaking stopped. now to go to a junk yard and replace that metal pan