CEL code 43

Goonmonster88

so i got my code and its a 43 fuel supply system, so is that just the fuel pump or is there more parts in the whole system, were should i begin to figure out exactly what to replace. any help is much appreciated

j13

Keep It Clean
Do you hear your fuel pimp I I mean fuel bump before you turn your car on?

emd513

your best bet if you cant hear the pump when you turn the ignition on is to pull the tank and test the pump and sending unit to make sure before you replace. and go ahead and put a new filter in when you put whatever it is in it. it is always a good idea

Goonmonster88

ok so this morning i went to start my car and it wouldent turn over no starter noise or anything just turn the key and it was quiet then i heard the fuel pump come on and then it turned over and started. are my problems related or am i going to have it investigate a starting issue. also i was thinking if my fuel pump is bad i found a b&m fuel pump o2 sensor and a inline fuel filter for 120$ so would it be worth it just to replace it all.

emd513

yep. sounds like you have a short in your switch but it could be anything that is causing you not starting. but i would get that package its 100 bucks for a stock pump so you would be upgrading and getting extras for less really.