CEL code 9 help

Fmun

So my CEL came on my 96 gsr last night and I'm getting 9 blinks which is No. 1 Cylinder Position (CYP Sensor) how do I fix it also is it ok to drive it like that meanwhile it Idles higher after the CEL came on but drives like normal

Last edited:

VroomVroom

You can but it will get worse. Get it fixed. It could be a many things wrong with it. Need a bit more info like if it smokes, heats, idles down after a drive, wastes more gas, finding oil in places.

Fmun

Drives like normal I aside from a high ideal used to be around 500 when warm now it stays at 900/1000 the gas I can't tell since it just happened

acura215

its the dizzy

I went thru it,same code,but my teg would sputter when driving,changed spark plugs,cap,wires,nothing would fix it,did a bit of research,turned out the cyp sensor is embedded within the distributor and can't be repaired,I opened the dizzy and cleaned it well inside still to no avail.ended up buying a dizzy of a guy that saw me at the junkyard and heard me tell one of the dudes in there my problem, went to his home bought his dizzy,I first removed mines then his,replaced them and VOILA the car runs like new again.BTW its a 97 integra rs(obdll).hope this helps bud.