CEL reset

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
How long does it take to reset? I had a problem with my evap system and it was a missing gas cap. Replaced that and rescanned and nothing showed up. How long should it take reset?

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
Really? I'm only confused because it's still on after a few days, and it's not showing any codes.

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
Have you driven the car a lot since then so the car can run through its self-tests? If you're not clearing the code yourself, the car will have to see a certain amount of driving to reset everything itself. Another option is to disconnect the battery or clear the code. If your problem is fixed, the light won't come back on.

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
Have you driven the car a lot since then so the car can run through its self-tests? If you're not clearing the code yourself, the car will have to see a certain amount of driving to reset everything itself. Another option is to disconnect the battery or clear the code. If your problem is fixed, the light won't come back on.
Yeah I drove it a full gas tank, I disconnected the battery and it reset. Thanks :lol: