CEL -vs- ABS Codes on a 94 Auto LS

Knice

Live & Die by Integras
Recently after cleaning out my IACV my CEL came on. Checking for the code:

My CEL blinked 7 times ???

vs

My ABS blinked 4 times...(4 wheel sensor RR)

Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) 7: A problem in the Throttle Position (TP) Sensor circuit

Where is the TP sensor located on a 94 LS??? Is this the same as the MAP Sensor???

Last edited:

HondaDNA

Throttle Position Sensor or more common TPS

As for your ABS code it is the Right Rear speed sensor that is throwing the code. Clean the sensor and the speed ring and test it out and see if the code comes back on, if it does then your wires might be cut back there so check that out.

The toothed ring gear is the speed ring and the sensor is the wire along your lower control arm.

You might have to remove the rotor to get to the speed ring

Last edited:

Knice

Live & Die by Integras
Wow! Thanks HondaDNA...your input and pix really help and make it easy to understand. Greatly appreciated.

McMahon

JackTuned
I'd check to make sure your TPS is clean first. Those hardly EVER go bad.

Also, try resetting your ECU (unplug battery for like 5 mins) then plug it back in and re-diagnose your CEL.

Knice

Live & Die by Integras
Thanks guys for all the help...Its embarrassing but I found my problem for the CEL - After cleaning the IACV and installing it back, I forgot to plug back in the wire harness for the TPS. Plugged harness back in and problem resolved...LOL.

As for the ABS, its to cold and with the snow, I'll have to wait on fooling around with the sensor. Its still okay to driving right?

01FTW

Thanks guys for all the help...Its embarrassing but I found my problem for the CEL - After cleaning the IACV and installing it back, I forgot to plug back in the wire harness for the TPS. Plugged harness back in and problem resolved...LOL.

As for the ABS, its to cold and with the snow, I'll have to wait on fooling around with the sensor. Its still okay to driving right?
LOL Owned. At least you figured out what it was though :thumbs up

Edit* Oh yeah you're fine to drive her, you just wont have antilock brakes, but your regular brakes will work as normal. My ABS has been lit for a while now but just been to lazy to clean the sensor. And if that doesnt fix it then I just wont have any ABS, Im too fuggin cheap to buy a new sensor.

Last edited:

HondaDNA

ABS is for lazy people who don't know how to drive anyways..

Knice

Live & Die by Integras
LOL...agree HondaDNA. A new sensor isn't cheap, right? If that's the case, 01FTW I'm to cheap to buy one also. Plus, if the normal breaks are working fine, I rather use the money to buy something else to upgrade. LOL.