Cel

j13

Keep It Clean
I heard if its flashing, "DO NOT" drive the car at all untill you fix the problem.

Is your car OBD1 or OBD2?

j13

Keep It Clean
Oops my bad. 98 gsr. Jump the blue connector on the passenger dash. Its a blue connector with 2 wire. Get a paper clip and put each end into the connector

spyk3

and i dont think you can do that to an obd2 but then again, i dont know i just use scanners

Zero Fighter

MAKE'em SAY UUUHHhhhhh...
asumming that its a GSR, sound like a code 22 VTEC Pressure Switch (VTPS sensor). Check the switch it is common for these to go bad on the OBD2 setups. also trace the wire (Oange with a white stripe I think? but trace it back to the ECU and look to see if something if its ok.

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
Went by autozone and had them read it, says first code that came up was a bad O2 sensor, then said I had a missfire in every cylinder but it doesnt feel like i do at all, and i'm pretty sure I would notice a missfire in all cylinders. So i'm thinking thats screwin everything up. Could that one O2 sensor be throwing everything off?

Last edited:

j13

Keep It Clean
Went by autozone and had them read it, says first code that came up was a bad O2 sensor, then said I had a missfire in every cylinder but it doesnt feel like i do at all, and i'm pretty sure I would notice a missfire in all cylinders. Could that one O2 sensor be throwing everything off?
So if its a misfire on every cylinder and the o2 than you have 5 bad codes. But, fuck what he said, what PO codes did he give you.

crk_88

sorry i know that this is way off topic but j13 u got one freaky deeky looking kid for ur avatar lol

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
I can't remember the exact codes thats just what the scanner was saying. And just figured the O2 sensor was making the engine think I have a misfire in every cyl.