CF HOOD and HOOD PINS

rancidhooligan

Grand Sport
Yes, but you would need to swap over the stock hood latch to keep the hood closed if you plan on not using hood pins. Many times this is an issue because the CF hoods don't fit as well as OEM hoods so you might get some vibration if the hood doesn't fit 100% right. Many times hood pins will mitigate this issue.

rancidhooligan

Grand Sport
I tried to edit my post but for some reason it was taking 10 minutes.

I mean, "Yes, it's possible to go without hood pins, but..."

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I tried to edit my post but for some reason it was taking 10 minutes.

I mean, "Yes, it's possible to go without hood pins, but..."
If you use the "go advanced option" it goes faster. Sometimes quick reply and quick edit are super slow

But yes, hood pins are not required

1caintegra

type-s and the RS
i dont have hood pin goingn on 6month now but if u plan on time attack hood pin are a most for cf hood i just throw my stock one on

*01GSR*

I (v) JDM
well first of all, a cf hood comes with the latch?. Also hood pins aren't required and is no use on our cars, and they're ugly. Your hood will never fly off, and if you've heard stories of that happening it's because they forgot to latch it or the latch is broke or something stupid, sheer speed in an integra will not make your hood fly off.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
hoods will fly if they are not secured down.

Just make sure your latch is good.

1caintegra

type-s and the RS
well first of all, a cf hood comes with the latch?. Also hood pins aren't required and is no use on our cars, and they're ugly. Your hood will never fly off, and if you've heard stories of that happening it's because they forgot to latch it or the latch is broke or something stupid, sheer speed in an integra will not make your hood fly off.
fail info bro there cheap ass place that make nock off cf hood and they fly off think about there a reason nasa make u have hood pin get a good brand name hood and ur be fine

rsxer63

Yes, but you would need to swap over the stock hood latch to keep the hood closed if you plan on not using hood pins. Many times this is an issue because the CF hoods don't fit as well as OEM hoods so you might get some vibration if the hood doesn't fit 100% right. Many times hood pins will mitigate this issue.
What do you mean "swap over the stock hood latch"?

93gsrteg

Thurman
hood pins

i have a 93 teg and i got a cf hood on it and i dont have hood pins. ive took it to 125-130 with now problem. it latches and lines up fine too

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
it will be fine without hood pins, most poeple just put hood pins on cf hoods for looks, not because its going to fly off