change cluster needle color

nicoalex2

Just did mine and changed the bulbs to a white led.
I will get a pic of it at night later

Thanks Coy

Last edited:

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
Sweet, I was actually going to do a DIY for this. I did this to my cluster but have another GS-R cluster I'm going to do it to. I'm a ricer and have blue L.E.D.'s so I'm pretty much stuck with white needles, oh well. Looks good.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
will the needles still be accurate after taking them off?
when I did mine before (without reading any article), I had to use my GPS for the speed (driving 40km/h according to my gps and putting the needle in on the 40 mark), knew my car idles at 750rpm after warm, so stuck it there, waited until my gas light turned on and stuck the gas one one, and then just put the temp one at the catch arm, it seems to auto correct itself.

r0g3r16

when I did mine before (without reading any article), I had to use my GPS for the speed (driving 40km/h according to my gps and putting the needle in on the 40 mark), knew my car idles at 750rpm after warm, so stuck it there, waited until my gas light turned on and stuck the gas one one, and then just put the temp one at the catch arm, it seems to auto correct itself.
alright thanks a lot im going to try this ass soon as i get a chance to do it all

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
alright thanks a lot im going to try this ass soon as i get a chance to do it all
I would suggest avoiding doing it that way. It was not the most fun way to do it. But they all work and are pretty spot on so it's really up to you.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
ywah. to correctly put the needles back on, while the car is cold, put the needle at the resting point, fill the gas tank and put the needle on full's resting point, let the car idle and put it where it was idling before, remember how fast you go at a certain rpm and gear and stick the mph needle on.

hey nico, you should use spread led's instead of the directional ones so itll light up better

Last edited:

nicoalex2

ywah. to correctly put the needles back on, while the car is cold, put the needle at the resting point, fill the gas tank and put the needle on full's resting point, let the car idle and put it where it was idling before, remember how fast you go at a certain rpm and gear and stick the mph needle on.

hey nico, you should use spread led's instead of the directional ones so itll light up better
Yeah I bought cheap ones on ebay. Where can I get some?

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
nah.. not yet.. when i have time, i'll install and take some pics
it wont be that great since i still have the regular bulbs in it

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
nah.. not yet.. when i have time, i'll install and take some pics
it wont be that great since i still have the regular bulbs in it
In for the pics :D Does anyone know of GOOD led bulbs for the cluster? i tried some at autozone and they turned out white :crazy:
Ive heard though that the LED site you just said coy, like sucks, i dont remember who said it. But someone said they werent impressed with them at all. So where?

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
I just realized i never gave my pal Coy props for such a great write-up, so, major props bro! :thumbs up
Turned out great IMO, used the 5-way leds from superbrightleds.com, looks awesome :thumbs up