change slave cylinder.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
when it leaks or breaks.

youll know to change it when your clutch pedal doesnt come back up after being pressed.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Yes, it does need to be changed eventually. You will know when it is time, it will start to leak making it hard to shift gears because it is not supplying enough pressure to completely disengage the clutch.

mastashea20

iite yeah i thnk i might need it some times when i try to go into 3rd gear it wont find the its wway up and i am stuck in neutral for a good 3 seconds

Theasian

Generally what I always sug to people is chaging the slave and master cyl. Most the time when one goes bad the other isn't far behind or its a combination of both generating the issue.

The way you inspect them is for the master pull the rubber boot back that is under the dash. Look for excessive dampness or sighns of leaking. If theirs fluid under the boot the master is bad. Do the same for the slave.

The other test is a pressure return test. Push the clutch pedal to the floor and use a pry bar to hold it to the floor. Measure how far the release fork moves. Let it sit for 5 minutes and measure distance agen, this will tell you if the seal inside are bad allowing blow by

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Generally what I always sug to people is chaging the slave and master cyl. Most the time when one goes bad the other isn't far behind or its a combination of both generating the issue.
This is true. If one goes, the other usually isn't far behind. It is good practice to change them at the same time.