Changed plugs..

Volklord

Non V-Tec B18b1
Just finished doing the tune up in my car, and number 4 plug came out looking like this.

Bad rings ? Valve seals ?

Also car is running a bit smoother, before it was bucking and acting like it was breaking up at cruising speeds, and " missing ".

Thanks !

I should do a compression test soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Are you referring to the oil? If so then that is just the valve cover gaskets. Mainly the one around the spark plug but you should just replace them all while it's off.

graveyardhippie

Grommets, there in lies your problem, and the root of the spark plug fouling

Sent from my Famicom

Nick_C78

Am I the only one who ignored the oil and saw the giant gapping on the spark plug? Maybe it is the picture..

Yes, replace your valve cover gaskets and the grommets around the spark plug holes of the valve cover. You should also think about properly gapping your spark plugs if you don't already.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Am I the only one who ignored the oil and saw the giant gapping on the spark plug? Maybe it is the picture..

Yes, replace your valve cover gaskets and the grommets around the spark plug holes of the valve cover. You should also think about properly gapping your spark plugs if you don't already.
Yea I just figured it was incredibly old and wore out, I think the camera perspective is also making it look bigger.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I wonder how long they have been in there