Changing Interior. Help.

DeathMetalTony

Hey Everyone,

I came across a great deal on some interior pieces and some exterior parts from a buddy.

$450 for All These Parts Is It Worth It:
Hood
JDM 1 Piece Headlights
JDM Front Bumper
Left/Right Fenders Wih Cut Outs For Side Markers
OEM 5 Piece Floor Mat
Stearing Wheel
JDM With Kenwood Speaker's Trunk Board
And most black trim piece interior.

I'm in a progress of purchasing a DA and was wondering if I would be able to swap all this pieces in for the dark blue interior the car comes with? I believe all those pices were from a GSR he had boughten from H Motorsport.

Is it a hard process? Also I cant remeber if the dash in the car was dark blue or black or did all of them have the same color?

Thanks, Tony.

Last edited:

DarkDB1

Hood= No different from a USDM hood
Bumper cover= No different from USDM (cool if you have a 90-91 and want to upgrade to 92-93 though), If it has a bumper support the JDM support is a little bit more lighter then the USDM
Fenders= You can easily cut out the holes for the side markers on your own
Headlights= Normally go for about $250 in CLEAN condition... Good upgrade as long as none of the tabs are broken and it has the pigtail wiring
Floor mats= Will not fit your car, the rears will but the front's will not since their for RHD cars (Dead pedal and trunk release on different side)
Steering wheel= Looks cool i guess
Door panels= Again, pointless since the master switch will now be on the passenger side
Everything else... is just pointless

Not worth $450 I guess... Unless your fenders and hood are all dinged up then it might be worth getting them. But $200+/- for headlights, $100 for steering wheel... thats about all you could actually use.

DeathMetalTony

Is the the JDM Kenwood trunk board worth anything by any chance I thought they were hard to come by and I/m diging the stearing wheel I havent seen one yet I tried searchint it but didint ran across anything though.

He told me he's willing to take offeres cause he just wants it gone.

Ill offer him 300 for everything and just part it out I guess.

Thanks, Tony.

DeathMetalTony

I did some research on the stearing wheel and its Jdm DC2 ITR Non Air Bag Steering Wheel. It goes for 200.00 on unlimitedjdm.com.

Tony.

lsjdmteg

Il take the lights off you if u wana sell em or trade and alot of those panels u can use. Black interiors are harder to come by n especialy in good condition. Lmk if you need any other parts. N if you want put the extra stuff on ebay sumone will buy the cuzt there jdm. But i believe u can swap out the arm panels out eith the usdm ones

DeathMetalTony

Il take the lights off you if u wana sell em or trade and alot of those panels u can use. Black interiors are harder to come by n especialy in good condition. Lmk if you need any other parts. N if you want put the extra stuff on ebay sumone will buy the cuzt there jdm. But i believe u can swap out the arm panels out eith the usdm ones
I thought that rear speaker panel was worth some money cause I remeber seen one and it was kinda of pricy, and about the lights i'll keep you posted bro.

Tony.

DarkDB1

Is the the JDM Kenwood trunk board worth anything by any chance I thought they were hard to come by and I/m diging the stearing wheel I havent seen one yet I tried searchint it but didint ran across anything though.

He told me he's willing to take offeres cause he just wants it gone.

Ill offer him 300 for everything and just part it out I guess.

Thanks, Tony.
It's a regular rear deck lid with some aftermarket speakers cut in to them... It's not rare because it's like every other one with speakers put in them. The rear deck lid was designed to be removable for added storage space.

Every other door interior panel is interchangeable, But the door panels will be useless with the master switch on the driver side. If you have blue interior to transfer to black (palmy blue-charcoal)... And yup, The steering wheel is an ITR non SRS airbag. It'll fit with little to no modifications (google it).

If that deck lid had Gaithers speakers it could have been an optional piece from an XSi. Since it has Kenwood, I agree with DarkDB1 that it's just a standard trunk lid.
That steering wheel in the pic with all the parts looks like the dimensions are different than the JDM ITR, but it could just be the distorted picture.
As far as the door panels are concerned, you can swap the switches over from a LHD car if you really like those panels there.

Really and truly you need to get some better pics of that stuff. It's hard to corroborate if they are legit JDM XSi or RSi parts or if the guy is trying to jack up the prices of things you can get at your local junk yard for half the price.

DeathMetalTony

If that deck lid had Gaithers speakers it could have been an optional piece from an XSi. Since it has Kenwood, I agree with DarkDB1 that it's just a standard trunk lid.
That steering wheel in the pic with all the parts looks like the dimensions are different than the JDM ITR, but it could just be the distorted picture.
As far as the door panels are concerned, you can swap the switches over from a LHD car if you really like those panels there.

Really and truly you need to get some better pics of that stuff. It's hard to corroborate if they are legit JDM XSi or RSi parts or if the guy is trying to jack up the prices of things you can get at your local junk yard for half the price.
Im probobly going to pass on it now I just bought my car and I'm going to get some ROTA's for it. The only thing I like about the stuff he's selling is the stearing wheel and the headlights. Never hurts to have a extra pair laying around though.

I got a buddy of mine that he's selling me the GT-3 for 400 with tires and everything.

Most likely I'll buy that instead.

Thanks, Tony.

DarkDB1

Im probobly going to pass on it now I just bought my car and I'm going to get some ROTA's for it. The only thing I like about the stuff he's selling is the stearing wheel and the headlights. Never hurts to have a extra pair laying around though.

I got a buddy of mine that he's selling me the GT-3 for 400 with tires and everything.
Most likely I'll buy that instead.

Thanks, Tony.
:( I love SI's... I'd just keep the SI's, Their clean and simple. If you're going to pass on that stuff, I'd put the money elsewhere.

Like security.

DeathMetalTony

I'm starting to like them more, I need to fix the suspension its low but everytime I go over like a bump or so it makes a knocking sound (like if the car was bottoming out). I need to figure out how to fix it its currently on coilovers ill probobly raise up the back. Cause the rear wheels tuck in from the top I really dislike that I like them to be even.

Tony.

DarkDB1

Is littlerally a knock?... Like when the car flexes coming in and out of a driveway (or going over a speed bump)?, I had that once... It turned out to be a broken sway bar bushing. The OEM sway bars are tiny, so Suspension techniques is a pretty good bar to go.