Changing PCV valve similar to 6th Gen Accord?

K3Ntegra

According this video, old PCV valves can cause motor oil to burn up. I've never replaced the PCV valve since owning it for the past 50 thousand miles.

The only detailed tutorial I can come across is, this one.

I googled how to change the PCV on an Integra, and many complained on their model, about having to remove the valve cover, need smaller hands to reach the PCV's installation port, and damaging.

Is the tutorial I linked to, good enough to allow a novice like me to change the PCV valve?

Here's a picture of my engine bay, with the PCV valve in the yellow circle.

Noneed2Hate

It shouldn't be difficult... remove PCV valve, replace the gasket in the valve cover, put in New PCV valve.

It should all just pop out and pop right back it etc. The PCV end connected to the hose might be a bit tight and stubborn but other than that it's Easy peazy.

K3Ntegra

It shouldn't be difficult... remove PCV valve, replace the gasket in the valve cover, put in New PCV valve.

It should all just pop out and pop right back it etc. The PCV end connected to the hose might be a bit tight and stubborn but other than that it's Easy peazy.
Does this mean I would I have to disconnect the spark plug cables, and remove the 3 or so screws on the valve?

Noneed2Hate

No, there is a small gasket (it's like a thick rubber O-ring IIRC ) just underneath the PCV valve that will be easy to pop out. Nothing serious

K3Ntegra

Unfortunately the PCV valve is seized on the hose; I lightly burned my thumb finger. Therefore I may have to pay a mechanic $50 or try and get a brand new hose, if the other end isn't seized as well.

Noneed2Hate

Unfortunately the PCV valve is seized on the hose; I lightly burned my thumb finger. Therefore I may have to pay a mechanic $50 or try and get a brand new hose, if the other end isn't seized as well.
$50 for a brand new hose...? LOL just go to autozone and get one for under $10......

K3Ntegra

$50 for a brand new hose...? LOL just go to autozone and get one for under $10......
I was referring to labor costs of having them mechanic install the PCV valve.

Mechanics here charge $100 dollars for labor.

On eBay, the hose, goes for $20. I may have to buy one, if the mechanic can't get it loose.

Edit: After letting my car cool down, I gave it another shot and was able to replace the PCV valve. I cleaned the gromet with brake cleaner, and lubricated the PCVV with silicone paste on both ends. Thanks for the assistance Noneed.

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
just make sure the pcv valve sounds broken (rattling) and its in good shape. Its a 1 way check valve. Any emissions hose will work as a replacement...not just a $20 hose.