Changing TPS sensor, Little help guys?

integraGSRkid

integraGSRkid
hey so why do GSR TPS sensors ribbited????!! mine is going bad and i dont know how to replace it. ppl have said drill it out and i had a spare one and tried it and it it just ruined it, so any ideas? i was looking on buying that elderblock throttle body from autozone. anways what do you guys think?

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
Replace the whole throttle body. TPS is not meant to be replaced. That's why Acura wont sell it separately.

Do you even have a voltmeter? Would you know how to adjust the TPS so that it reads the right voltage when closed?

95project_GS-R

if you want to replace just the tps, yu can grind a slot like for a flathead screwdriver on the rivets. that unscrew them and use screws when you put a new one in. but you will have to fin out how to recalibrate it. idkhow to

integraGSRkid

integraGSRkid
Replace the whole throttle body. TPS is not meant to be replaced. That's why Acura wont sell it separately.

Do you even have a voltmeter? Would you know how to adjust the TPS so that it reads the right voltage when closed?

yes i do have a voltameter and i reserched on you tube already lol but have not tried it

integraGSRkid

integraGSRkid
if you want to replace just the tps, yu can grind a slot like for a flathead screwdriver on the rivets. that unscrew them and use screws when you put a new one in. but you will have to fin out how to recalibrate it. idkhow to

thank you, thats a good idea, theres a really good video on you tube about it. so i will try this if it dont work then ill buy that elderblock throttle body