Charlotte (Nicks 95 GSR)

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Nevermind jdmzipties.com doesnt have the full coverage up on their site yet. Thought they did. Heres one plucked from the teaser on their facebook page.

Nick_C78

I was told the toda replica was really good by PLM. So I might go for that one too, but the narrow seems to be my likely option as it is a little cheaper. And lets face it, it is sexy. I will do research though before I commit for sure. Thanks for the advice.

Yeah that is true. It isnt set in stone so dont worry haha. The muffler choice is still up in the air as well. That's not really going to gain me anything though, so whatever the kit comes with is fine with me. Cant go wrong with buddy club anyways.

Yeah, I have jdmzipties liked on my facebook. Waiting for honda tuning to give them the ok to post the rest of the pics.

Last edited:

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Yeah the toda is my favorite and i hope to get a real or fake one down the line. The hytech outperformed however in the midrange and the top end was virtually the same. So i guess for any road racing, hytech has the advantage. Skunk2 alpha was pretty impressive too. The rmf of course did great but being, imo, third among the three i have two better choices before going that route. Not to mention clearance for me would be an issue.

I got the info here if you havent seen it. One of my favorite threads. Real data.
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3005484

XjoEnX

Which pic, the one with the titanium wrapped intake? Well, it is decent and when I do something, I do it right and as clean as possible. So other than the paint on some areas, it does look good. I am just a perfectionist though so ya haha. It is a hell of a lot better than it was when I first got it.
Yup that one

Nick_C78

Hmm, well maybe I will go with the hytechs. Couldn't hurt. I think either 3 will be sufficient gains over what I have. So which ever one happens to be on sale when I have the money shall be the winner :p Thanks for the advice

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Yeah i hear you on that. Though i dont remember i thought there wasnt a significant price diff but for sure i remember the toda being more. Can not go wrong.. i always recommend any plm header when someone asks the usual 'what header should i get?' nub question.

What kind of piping did you use for your intake?

Nick_C78

Now this is my kind of build. Great progress sir :thumbs up
Thank you.

And thanks for the Pic nemesis. Also yeah, PLM makes a good product for the price. As for the intake piping, I just used some 3 inch aluminum piping I had laying around. Nothing special.

Last edited:

Nick_C78

Thanks man.

Going to be a while before any other major mods, because school isn't cheap hah. But I think I might break out the dry ice and take out all of that nasty sound deadening. Try to cut as much free/inexpensive weight as I can for now.

Nick_C78

Well Charlotte started smoking a ton last night...Might have to replace the block sooner than planned... For those who do not know, I have had a piston ring seating issue since the rebuild in April. I have rehoned 4 times and put 4 sets of rings in(using different break in methods every time), hoping that 'this' time they will finally seat..I was wrong. Wasted a lot of money hoping that something just went wrong during break in, only to later discover that it was the piston to wall clearance(something I should have checked, I know, but I had the cylinders bored to those exact pistons so didn't think to check it). What sucks the most is how much time and money I spent to make sure I would have no issues, took all sorts of precautions and did not skimp out on anything...and a simple bore job goes wrong...so pissed off at that machine shop... Really wish the guy that did my head did blocks...he did a flawless job on that head... Well to hopefully bide me some time to save up for the new block, I am going to try to run 20w-50. Hopefully that lessens the smoke... Funny part is it still runs like a champ, just the smoke. Still want to run another compression test as soon as my friend gives me back my tester. Endless headache.

Because racecar? lol

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Well Charlotte started smoking a ton last night...Might have to replace the block sooner than planned... For those who do not know, I have had a piston ring seating issue since the rebuild in April. I have rehoned 4 times and put 4 sets of rings in(using different break in methods every time), hoping that 'this' time they will finally seat..I was wrong. Wasted a lot of money hoping that something just went wrong during break in, only to later discover that it was the piston to wall clearance(something I should have checked, I know, but I had the cylinders bored to those exact pistons so didn't think to check it). What sucks the most is how much time and money I spent to make sure I would have no issues, took all sorts of precautions and did not skimp out on anything...and a simple bore job goes wrong...so pissed off at that machine shop... Really wish the guy that did my head did blocks...he did a flawless job on that head... Well to hopefully bide me some time to save up for the new block, I am going to try to run 20w-50. Hopefully that lessens the smoke... Funny part is it still runs like a champ, just the smoke. Still want to run another compression test as soon as my friend gives me back my tester. Endless headache.

Because racecar? lol
Aww shit! No bueno... Send your block over to the shop bro. :thumbs up

Nick_C78

Nah, I was going to wait until I got my rings seated and my new exhaust, then I was going to retune at church and go over to raceline and dyno there to compare. But these plans have changed obviously. Why do you ask?