Charlotte (Nicks 95 GSR)

96LSteg

Jemel
Haha yeah.

So my track morning got off to a rocky start.. I broke a wheel during my first session because of a stupid spin. I was stuck behind these super slow cars that don't understand was a point by is. They were running at about a 2:40-2:50 pace. I FINALLY worked my way through that back of slow people and started to push it. It didn't even dawn on me that my tires weren't warmed up yet, because of the pace I had been going...So I spun before the entrance of Sunset and hit the inside berm. This was the result:

That same session I got parked for leaking oil...apparently my catch can overflowed...Time for baffles? lol and To top it off my car started having a sputtering issue all day long. One that is very similar to the one Katman has/had. Very annoying. I suspect TPS. The sputtering issue caused a spin coming out of phil hill, which led to me having to be towed in since the car would not refire...Luckily I convinced the guy to let me try to pull start it. That worked so I drove the rest of the way in. After inspecting it I noticed the ignition wire got knocked off the starter. Yay for simple fixes!

Now, after all those issues(except sputtering that one still plagued me all day) were resolved and my spare rota was put on it was time to attack the track again. Battled traffic all day! Man it was really really annoying, especially some Lemons car with some beer tap on the back. That son of a b**** was so slow and never gave point bys. he also doesn't lift when you try to pass. In the drivers meeting he said "Why do I have to lift? That is going to mess up my time." Really dude, its going to mess up your 2:40? I digress...

So I managed a 2:10 in the second session and I was really happy! Decided to go back out there for the 3rd session and am not sure what my time was because they decided not to post black run 3. Which made me go back out for the 4th session. I managed a 2.08.817! The car handled very interesting how I thought. The front felt very sloppy and the rear felt pretty decent, which ended up being a very touchy car, but somewhat fun. All in all a fun day and a very unexpected PB.
damn those were new wheels werent they?

Nick_C78

Yessir. Brand spanking new wheel. Didnt even have brake dust on her yet. Lol funny thing was I wasnt that mad. I was more mad at the fact the damn pit inspector inspected my wheels and said i was good. I did a hot lap with my wheel like that! Shit happens though I guess.

96LSteg

Jemel
Yessir. Brand spanking new wheel. Didnt even have brake dust on her yet. Lol funny thing was I wasnt that mad. I was more mad at the fact the damn pit inspector inspected my wheels and said i was good. I did a hot lap with my wheel like that! s*** happens though I guess.
so are you a** out of a wheel? Im sure that couldnt be repaired.

Nick_C78

Yeah that wheel is done. I have to buy a new one. It was my fault though. Not too concerned about breaking the wheel.

Nick_C78

Thanks to 1 of the photos Tom Chin snapped I found out why I had so much trouble with sunset all day:

More photos and videos to come!

Nick_C78

Hah thanks man. The car was very unstable all day, and my overly aggressive driving was not helping with that. I will be posting a video of my spins later. All of which were pre-apex, which I never had an issue with before. On a side note I need to get better with my saves, because all 3 of my spins could have been saved with proper steering and throttle input.