Cheap intake? Weapon-r?

Nikcz

So I have a 1988 integra and i'm thinking about getting a cold air intake for it. you know start out small and work my way up to more power. i do only plan on keeping this car for a year or so though.
What's a cheap cold air intake that will work on my integra? i've been looking and the cheapest one i could find was $175 and it was a weapon-r i think. I couldn't find reviews on it and i don't know about it. the main one i keep seeing is a K&N one but i'm on a very low budget

Rich-PMS

Buy a. eBay cold air intake kit, and buy a name brand filter. There ya go

CJ € racer

the weapon r filter i think is nice i saw a video showing how much air flows thru n its not that bad. n btw it dose fit for ur car.in ebay i saw it.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
i suggest replacing the filter or just get a no name intake that comes with a filter without that mesh on the end of it. you need the filter membrane. that mesh isnt going to filter shit. thats why the airflow is high.

stormnorman

Get Spectre!

Being Sarcastic by the way. seriously though dont get spectre. weapon r is okay if youre on a budget.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Get an Ebay intake which are super cheap then get a name-brand filter like others said above me. And if you live in California, as long as your car is pre 1996?, you dont need a CARB number for it. -Aaron

bpeterson

So I have a 1988 integra and i'm thinking about getting a cold air intake for it. you know start out small and work my way up to more power. i do only plan on keeping this car for a year or so though.
What's a cheap cold air intake that will work on my integra? i've been looking and the cheapest one i could find was $175 and it was a weapon-r i think. I couldn't find reviews on it and i don't know about it. the main one i keep seeing is a K&N one but i'm on a very low budget
I think $175 for a cold air intake acura parts is already cheap, But I might also be wrong. Try to check ebay if you can find a cheaper one.

Holmes Alex

The sound comes mostly from the open element filter. If the filter is in an air box, it is less audible. I have a Fujita short ram on my xB and it sounds awesome. My friend has a one off that is very similar to mine which he bought on ebay for a fraction of the price. It sounds nearly identical. The quality of the product is where you run into differences. The welds on his look cheap and unprofessional compared to those on mine. The fit of the intake was also a bit off and it had to be slightly modified for it to mount properly. If it's sound your after, just be sure to get an intake with an open filter, rather than one with a box/heat sheild.